Old 10-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
carlfrak is on a distinguished road
Name: Carl
carlfrak's Tacoma Gallery
FS: Sig Sauer P226 9MM

sold
Old 10-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for a great gun! I have the P229 and love it.

Fink
Old 10-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently in love with that model. Oh if only you were willing to ship... GLWTS
Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
I'm currently in love with that model. Oh if only you were willing to ship... GLWTS
I'm cool with shipping..... when the things are not huge, or guns. Sorry!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
rwalker is on a distinguished road

Name: Rian
rwalker's Tacoma Gallery
How many rounds through it?
Old 10-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
How many rounds through it?
probably upwards of a 1000 or so. It was my service weapon in 1999 / 2000 - but has only been shot a handful of time since then. Still shoot better now than any current Glock or S&W!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlfrak View Post
I'm cool with shipping..... when the things are not huge, or guns. Sorry!
FFL to FFL is pretty cheap.

Fink
Old 10-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post

Fink
FFL to FFL? Please explain..... as I'm not familiar with that terminology.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #9
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
FFL = Federal Firearms Licensee

If it is an out-of-state sale, the gun has to be shipped to an FFL so that the receiving FFL can file the proper paperwork, etc...

ATF Verbiage (one of the last questions at the bottom, asking about record keeping)

Quote:
Please note that if a private person wants to obtain a firearm from a private person who resides in another State, the firearm will have to be shipped to an FFL in the buyer’s State. The FFL will be responsible for record keeping.
Hope that helps.

Fink
Old 10-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Fink

A quite a few FFLs will do it for nothing, if you've done business with them in the past. $20.00-$30.00 is the average rate for a transfer. I'm not sure, but don't think the seller has to ship through a FFL, just has to be received through one, for all of thats states paperwork to be processed. I've bought a few guns of Gunbroker.com and a local pawnshop recieved them for me, for free. Of course I OKed this with them prior.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
I'm not sure, but don't think the seller has to ship through a FFL, just has to be received through one, for all of thats states paperwork to be processed.
I think you are right, but I've always just done FFL to FFL. Makes me feel better knowing bases are covered on each end.

I think I paid $25 the last time I did one, but it was an armory I had never purchased anything from.

A lot of times you can find a police officer at a local PD that is an FFL. The department I worked at had a sign saying if anybody had questions about FFL's or needed to do a transfer, to ask for one of our Sergeants (who was one of our FFL's).

Fink
Old 10-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #12
Quote:
I think you are right, but I've always just done FFL to FFL. Makes me feel better knowing bases are covered on each end.

I think I paid $25 the last time I did one, but it was an armory I had never purchased anything from.

A lot of times you can find a police officer at a local PD that is an FFL. The department I worked at had a sign saying if anybody had questions about FFL's or needed to do a transfer, to ask for one of our Sergeants (who was one of our FFL's).

Fink
Good to know...... and thanks everyone for the info. I would still prefer to do a cash / in person sale - but if I do not get any local takers, then this may be an option?
Old 10-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #13
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlfrak View Post
Good to know...... and thanks everyone for the info. I would still prefer to do a cash / in person sale - but if I do not get any local takers, then this may be an option?
Local deals are definitely the easiest. Your only responsibility is to not knowingly sell to a felon, or anybody that is prohibited by law from owning a firearm.

GLWS!

Fink
Old 10-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
Quote:
Local deals are definitely the easiest. Your only responsibility is to not knowingly sell to a felon, or anybody that is prohibited by law from owning a firearm.

GLWS!

Fink
yeah, that's why I prefer a local sale...... a lot easier!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
i agree but dont worry about shipping- the whole reason you ship to an ffl is b/c it ensures that you dont sell it to someone like that (to recieve firearm they have to go thorugh same process as buying a new one at the gun store)
also good to know!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #16
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
that is a great price!!

good luck. i have the same pistol. my wife and i are very accurate with that thing.