Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Other

Notices

TACOMA emblem Batch: FEELER

Old 10-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

MetalMiller's Tacoma Gallery
TACOMA emblem Batch: FEELER

I am considering doing another batch of an emblem design. I need to know the interest level before I set it up. This time I will be offering the TOYOTA letters.

NOTE: This buy has been started, you can order here: http://www.emblemart.com/twexclusive.html

Product:
Waterjet cut out of 1/4" carbon steel.
May be able to do aluminum for additional polishing costs
Comes bare, but can be powdercoated for an additional fee.
This is perfect for mesh grill mods. It comes with threaded studs and all the hardware needed to attach it to the mesh.

We are looking at 70 bucks shipped plus finishing options

Here are some pics
TOYOTA

TOYOTA
-Tacomalex
-ToyComa92
-Dollabill415
-Jimbo06
-BGWood88

Edit: I have taken the Tacoma design out of the running. I found out that the person who originally requested the design wishes to keep the design personal. I apologize for any inconvenience to you guys and the original customer.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
definitely interested in the toyota lettering. put me down for one
Old 10-25-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Id be interested in the Toyota lettering also
Old 10-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
how bout unfinished aluminumn??
Old 10-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

I could probably swing that. Would you polish it yourself?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #6
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
yeah, would it be a tad cheaper?? im a do-it-yourself kinda guy...
Old 10-25-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
subd interested in the toyota for front grill
Old 10-25-2011, 10:58 AM   #8
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I'd be interested at half that price man... I understand you're in the market to make money, but the real thing is the same price... and they're that price because they are rare.... I know it doesn't cost that much to produce if they're cut on the machine.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
WORD!?!
tacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman355 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tacoman355's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
yeah, would it be a tad cheaper?? im a do-it-yourself kinda guy...
ben is a "do-it yourself kinda guy"

just playing man
Old 10-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I'd be interested at half that price man... I understand you're in the market to make money, but the real thing is the same price... and they're that price because they are rare.... I know it doesn't cost that much to produce if they're cut on the machine.
The price might seem a bit high at first glance, but over the last year I have partnered up with emblemart.com and we have turned this product into a high end custom product. Since I got my start on TW, I want to show my appreciation by doing batches from time to time with a significant discount. What has been taken into account on the pricing is design time, material cost, machine time, drilling and tapping holes, mounting hardware(studs, washers, locks, wingnuts) + install, packaging and shipping. So it may initially seem like the machine does all the work, but I assure you there is much more to the process. And after all of that is done, yes it is nice to be able to buy a beer or 2
Old 10-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #12
Yo! Wat up peeps?
1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future

1Bigbird's Tacoma Gallery
Dimensions please.
At least width.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
wes mantooth ™
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMiller View Post
The price might seem a bit high at first glance, but over the last year I have partnered up with emblemart.com and we have turned this product into a high end custom product. Since I got my start on TW, I want to show my appreciation by doing batches from time to time with a significant discount. What has been taken into account on the pricing is design time, material cost, machine time, drilling and tapping holes, mounting hardware(studs, washers, locks, wingnuts) + install, packaging and shipping. So it may initially seem like the machine does all the work, but I assure you there is much more to the process. And after all of that is done, yes it is nice to be able to buy a beer or 2

I can dig that.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #14

They are 12 inches long and 2" tall
Old 10-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #15

And here are some more pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 10-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #16
dollabill415 will become famous soon enough

dollabill415's Tacoma Gallery
Ill take toyota
Old 10-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #17
2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold2011TacoBeav is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bret
2011TacoBeav's Tacoma Gallery
I would recommend maybe thinking at reducing the price.

I really like the emblem but would barely be willing to pay half that over making one of my own. Maybe Im just traditional in being willing to put in twice as much of my own time to enjoy making something for myself at the opportunity cost of time rather than money

Perhaps offer the emblems just as the cut outs. You mentioned that the bolts, drilling, tapping ext. Cost you time and contributes to the higher cost. A good middle ground may be to do the design work and cutting and sell the product at that stage and the buyer can figure out ways to do the rest

Just an idea.

Ps. I love your emblem!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #18
jimbo06 is on a distinguished road

Name: jim
jimbo06's Tacoma Gallery
im intrested i just pm'd you about it
Old 10-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #19
Yo! Wat up peeps?
1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future

1Bigbird's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMiller View Post
They are 12 inches long and 2" tall
Thanks!
May be too big for want I want to do. I'll have to wait until I get my lights in.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #20
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
id probably be in if it was cheeper