Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Other

Notices

WTB Remington 700

Old 11-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Remington 700

Hey guys, I'm looking for a remington 700 rifle or 700 action ( .308 ) I live in Denver so if you have any actions or complete .308s that you wanna sell let me know! Thanks!
Old 11-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
good luck...people dont like to sell such good guns...
btw the 700 isnt chambered for 308, only the 700 varmint (or at least, thats the way it currently is, it may have been different a while ago)
id love a 700, but i want 308 but i dont want the varminter, plus im lefty so i doubt they have too many in stores
Not sure what you mean here. Varmint is a style of rifle "typically heavy barrel", but as far as .308 Remington makes plenty of 700s that are not varmint or Tactical platforms. I'm not trying to prove you wrong here just clarifying.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
Shut up Hippie!

Quote:
this and the other edition of the 700 varmint, are the only remington 700 rifles chambered for .308 caliber. use the compare table if you want, but jus glancing at the pic/through the features of the varmint and the regular 700 or the 700 sps even, and you will see many differences.
Ok, I gotcha. Yeah, I'm building a rifle that you could call a varmint I guess, so the set up doesn't matter to me. I am really looking for an older action or any 700 .308 really since I'll be swapping out barrels anyway. Remington used to sell the action only but it was too much liability according to them.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Try the .243 in a 700. ..... Best deer rifle I have owned.. Hunted whitetail , woodchuck , coyotes etc... As long as your not deer dropping from over 400 yards the .243 is a great cal. But back to the OP good luck with finding ur parts ... .308 is my next rifle
Old 11-13-2011, 07:14 PM   #6
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered a Model 7? Basically the same just in a smaller, easier to handle package.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
Foxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Foxer's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Model 700 featherweight in .308... came that way but it's an older model.. 20 years old or so...

Got my buck in Colorado this year at 500 yards... the bullet drop was 5 feet at that range.

.308 is probably your best bet or 30-06
Attached Thumbnails
WTB Remington 700-1024110933.jpg  
Old 11-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
Foxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Foxer's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah with a 165 grain bullet zeroed for 200 yards...it was 9 inch drop at 300, 1.8 feet at 400, 5 feet at 500

.243 would probably be more of a drop.... never know when you'll need to shoot far.

You should try the firearms for sale section at http://www.calguns.net

quite a bit of 700's on there but they sell quick....

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=499930

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=remington+700

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=remington+700

Usually the seller will ship through an FFL if your out of state....
Old 11-14-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
jdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmbooger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdmbooger's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to build a rifle on a Rem 700 action in .308, you don't have buy a .308, any .476 bolt face will do.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #10
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck
Old 11-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #11
XJBaylor will become famous soon enough
Name: Keith
XJBaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha yeah thats what i said ...
It really isn't that difficult of a part to find. It seems you are pretty new to guns, but Remington has made thousands upon thousands of 700 actions that will fit what the OP is looking for. He shouldn't have any real issues, especially if he is patient.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #12
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I know a fella with a .270 Rem 700. He claims it went BANG all on its own.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:35 PM   #13
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
I know a fella with a .270 Rem 700. He claims it went BANG all on its own.
i have a .270 Rem 700 which is my deer gun. i also saw that CNBC documentary last year "Remington Under Fire." The pre-2007 model 700's can apparently/allegedly fire when you flip the safety without touching the trigger. they showed military snipers who actually demonstrated it happening on the range and also interviewed families who claimed a faulty 700 killed someone in their family. CNBC uncovered the guy who designed the trigger mechanism back in like 1947 and he essentially admitted the safety mechanism was flawed, and it would have cost $.05 per gun to redesign the mechanism back in the 50's, but Remington said screw that. the story basically called out remington for covering it up. knowing this makes me nervous, but i don't chamber a round until i'm in my tree stand.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:38 PM   #14
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
^ I watched the same documentary about 3 weeks ago, pretty crazy. The old guy who designed it lives in NC. But I do know lots of folks with 700's and claim to love them.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #15
XJBaylor will become famous soon enough
Name: Keith
XJBaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nah im not too new to guns i grew up with them
im just batting around ideas b/c i havent bought and sold too many (if you call that being new)
no yeah i know he wont have a hard time when i said that i was thinking that he wanted to get a rem 700 complete and i assumed he wanted it pretty new. once i learned that all he wants is an old action, yeah he shouldnt have a hard time at all.
Understood. You are correct about him having trouble finding a complete, current production, light barreled .308.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #16
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt2987 View Post
Ok, I gotcha. Yeah, I'm building a rifle that you could call a varmint I guess, so the set up doesn't matter to me. I am really looking for an older action or any 700 .308 really since I'll be swapping out barrels anyway. Remington used to sell the action only but it was too much liability according to them.
If you are swapping out the barrel, stock/chassis, etc, pick up a 700 youth. Same action, but everything else is smaller, and cheaper.

I am on my 3rd 700 action now...building a 308 1000 yard monster. Running a JAllen chassis system, jeweled trigger, etc.....she is a beast!. My everyday North American Hunting rifle is a 700 CDL in .270.....they are amazing rifles!

If you try to modify the older triggers for a lighter pull, you do run into the possibility of it firing when you flip the safety....that being said, never had an issue here...besides, the new ones run the Xmark trigger, which is adjustable.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #17
Shut up Hippie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post
If you are swapping out the barrel, stock/chassis, etc, pick up a 700 youth. Same action, but everything else is smaller, and cheaper.

I am on my 3rd 700 action now...building a 308 1000 yard monster. Running a JAllen chassis system, jeweled trigger, etc.....she is a beast!. My everyday North American Hunting rifle is a 700 CDL in .270.....they are amazing rifles!

If you try to modify the older triggers for a lighter pull, you do run into the possibility of it firing when you flip the safety....that being said, never had an issue here...besides, the new ones run the Xmark trigger, which is adjustable.
Thanks for that idea. I plan on hitting a a few gun shows when I get home. Remington has been giving me the run around on a group order my SSP team members had made for the SPS tactical. But, I already had a Mcmillan stock made for that barrel contour. So, a youth wouldn't be a bad choice like you said. "Ill have an sps AAC barrel already"
Old 11-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #18
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
id want it to be able to kill em clean (not necessarily a drop every time, but id like to only have them move about 100 yards at the most i'd think) from ~250 yards...you think a 243 could handle that?
i know it can out of 6 bucks ive taken with it only one went about 20yrds...rest droped where i shot them...by brother has well over 30 deer under his .243 and only 2 getaways in the past 10 yrs......several were taken at 300+yrd mark