Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Other

Notices

Looking for a truck box

Old 12-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a truck box

I am on the hunt for a specific type of truck box. I cannot use the ones that open from the top.

The one below is what I am looking for.

This page has more of them. http://www.800toolbox.com/lockup_box/lockup_boxes.htm

I cant find another company that makes this style. I need the kind that is like a drawer. I may end up going to a metal supply place and making one myself if I cant find anything. Does anyone know of something similar?
Old 12-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a modular drawer box for a work van , maybe try searches for van outfitters

Pretty awesome boxes @ your link
Old 12-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
they are really nice..I think the particular one I posted are upwards of $1,500

thats how much they're selling them for on ebay
Old 12-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
johnnyman1 is on a distinguished road
johnnyman1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
I am on the hunt for a specific type of truck box. I cannot use the ones that open from the top.

The one below is what I am looking for.

This page has more of them. http://www.800toolbox.com/lockup_box/lockup_boxes.htm

I cant find another company that makes this style. I need the kind that is like a drawer. I may end up going to a metal supply place and making one myself if I cant find anything. Does anyone know of something similar?
http://ezrideronline.com/ez-storage-vaults/

I just bought a Cam-locker tool box from these guys. They are fairly expensive but well worth it if you can find a distributorship. I happen to live three blocks from one. lol. They do mostly commercial from what I understand. take a look at the link above.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #5
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
It's hard to tell what size that is. What is the size of the box you got and how much?
Old 12-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
Quote:
It's hard to tell what size that is. What is the size of the box you got and how much?
I would just call them. They can give you an exact price. All their numbers are on the 'contact us' link. I got a tool box from them. They run about $100 more than UWS boxes (for whatever size and type). I have no idea about these drawer thing-ys.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
your TW web developer!

rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Can you give me an idea of how much? like are we talking 500+ or what?
Old 12-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #8
Quote:
Can you give me an idea of how much? like are we talking 500+ or what?
Yeah,,, mine was the T-locks (not paddle), carpet lined, black, low profile, 65"L x 20"W x 16" deep . With tax, shipped and installed $495. I have a short bed so I did not want the box to go all the way down to the bed floor so I can put 4x4 wood etc under it. If you get one all the way to the floor (these are called "deep", what I got is called "regular") you can add an extra $50. This is for a tool box though. Personally,, I think they are the best tool boxes on the market. Are they worth $100 more than a UWS,, probably not, but I really like the T locking system and carpet. LOL.