Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Other

Notices

FS in PA - Warn Snatch Block, Tree saver, tow strap, tow chain, ujoint, EQUAL

Old 03-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
FS in PA - Warn Snatch Block, Tree saver, tow strap, tow chain, ujoint, EQUAL

Cleaned out the garage -

I have a WARN PN 61560 Snatch Block in great condition - SOLD!!

I have a 2" wide tow strap - SOLD!

2 - 10oz bags of EQUAL brand tire balancing compound. SOLD!!

Spicer 5-153X greasable u-joint (NEW) - Make offer

3/8" Tow chain with clevis hooks/spare chain. These were used to secure front of a jeep on a trailer. See craigslist ad
http://lancaster.craigslist.org/pts/2914561948.html

All located in Lancaster, PA area. All - obo - shipping not included.
Thanks!
Jandy
Old 03-27-2012, 03:03 AM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
More info on the tow strap please, like who made it and what's the recovery strength? Interested and ready to pay. Let me know.
Brett
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
More info on the tow strap please, like who made it and what's the recovery strength? Interested and ready to pay. Let me know.
Brett
The only tag on the strap is a 'warning label' and I couldn't find any brand name on the label. It says it has a 6665lb working load limit. The strap is approx 30' long.

I had to do some research of what 'working load limit' actually means. From what I've read, the working load limit is about 1/3 of what the actual capacity of the strap is.

This might be a Keeper Stretch-n-snatch, but let me double check with the husband...
Old 03-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
For interested parties - and those who I haven't already responded to.

The tow strap ONLY is approx 5lbs (including packing/box) shipped from 17538

The Snatch Block & Tree Saver is approx 8lbs (including packing/box) shipped from 17538

With these numbers, you can visit USPS.com and calculate shipping costs. These items will fit in a medium flat rate box @$11.35. So, depending on where you live will depend on whether the flat rate box is cheaper.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
PM'ed on the snatch block and tree saver.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Did you ever find out any more specs on the tow strap.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Did you ever find out any more specs on the tow strap.
Unfortunately - nothing new from what I said earlier. If you're still interested, let me know. I've got someone else who's waiting.....
Thanks!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
I'll pass on it, thanks for the help anyways GLWS
Old 04-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #14
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
have you used any equal before? is saw that they required the special valve stems, and wanted to know if it was absolutely necessary.
The special valve stems have a screen/filter in them to prevent the EQUAL from escaping. We used Equal in our Jeep trail rig....and we did have the special valve stems (just because - they installed them). But - everytime we aired down (used auto deflators), we removed them. The air never came out very fast and it never setoff the auto deflators properly. That's why I had a couple extra bags of this stuff in case we lost some while airing down. Never did lose any....

So, I would say...you probably don't need them. HOWEVER, I don't know if this stuff will get stuck in your valve stems and prevent them from working properly. It's like fine grains of sugar/salt.

Also, if you're using this in wheels with TPMS - I'm not sure you can use EQUAL with TPMS. You'd have to contact someone who's more knowledgable with TPMS.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #15
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
thanks so much for your quick response, I think i'll probably end up trying it without the special valves, unless they are super cheap or so (haven't looked too much into it, but looks like maybe the maker of this stuff seems to carry it) and also I don't have tpms, but you brought up an excellent point. thanks again, have a great evening