Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Other

Notices

FS: ICON Variant Etched Motorcycle Helmet

Old 08-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
FS: ICON Variant Etched Motorcycle Helmet

Post this on a few forums as well as craigslist.

For $320 shipped, you can have one of the most recognizable street bike helmet around. The ICON Variant Etched! Size Large. Comes with dark smoked shield along with stock clear.

I am deploying soon and I'd like to get rid of this... wore it about 4 times before coming to the realization that a large helmet was the wrong size. Never dropped, never rode in rain, never did much of anything besides sit in closet for 2 months and collect dust while I was at sea. My loss is your gain.

normally $390 new and $40 for shield... $320 shipped takes it.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, I've been drooling over that helmet lately! Bump for a good deal
Old 08-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
Cool helmet! Free bump for telling me a little more about it!

How was the wind noise with the top shield compared to a normal helmet? Does it push your head back at highway speeds?
I wore it a couple of times... great helmet, everyone stares!

It is light weight, you'd be surprised by the lack of drag... at higher speeds (80 mph+) you can start to feel it, but the visor has a huge vent/space that allows great air flow. The drag is most notable when you turn your head, but nothing unmanageable.

There is a ton of airflow all around your head... I suggest this helmet is best for warm weather because I rode with it in the low 60s and my head was a little cold.

I plan to buy another one when I get home from deployment this spring but in the correct size. It is definitely a head turner... I think cagers also notice me more with this bright red helmet on.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Damn, I've been drooling over that helmet lately! Bump for a good deal
send me $320 and I'll mail it to you!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Color-wise, it looks orange but I'm guessing it's just the lighting. Is it similar to the color of your truck? (Reason I'm asking is my bike is red, similar to Toyota rad red)

Also, this may be an odd request, but could you measure your head? You mentioned it was the incorrect size and what I would do is measure my head, compare with Icon's chart and see if a Large is supposed to fit me. Assuming you did that, your measurements fell within the range for a large and it doesn't fit, I just don't want to end up in the same boat.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #7
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
yeah the flash made it seem orange... it is Red, similar to the color of my truck... let me see if I can get a better pic
Old 08-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #8
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
new pics posted... truck is dirty, but you can see the helmet's red may be more "rich" than the Radiant Red of the Tacoma... or maybe just because the paint on the helmet isn't as sun faded as my truck
Old 08-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
new pics posted... truck is dirty, but you can see the helmet's red may be more "rich" than the Radiant Red of the Tacoma... or maybe just because the paint on the helmet isn't as sun faded as my truck
Solus, I put up one other request (I edited my post, sorry). I'll measure my head tonight and compare that to Icon's chart and see if this is the size I need. It looks like it's actually really close in color to my bike. Thanks for the new pictures!
Old 08-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Color-wise, it looks orange but I'm guessing it's just the lighting. Is it similar to the color of your truck? (Reason I'm asking is my bike is red, similar to Toyota rad red)

Also, this may be an odd request, but could you measure your head? You mentioned it was the incorrect size and what I would do is measure my head, compare with Icon's chart and see if a Large is supposed to fit me. Assuming you did that, your measurements fell within the range for a large and it doesn't fit, I just don't want to end up in the same boat.
I based my fitment of trying it on in the store (didn't have a M to try on), my large size HJC helmet, and my hat size... I'm almost 7 1/2 hat size, all of which indicated either or M or L. I also wear a M/L snug fit hat. I went on the cautious side and bought a L since my HJC is a large... oops! I went and tried on a medium Variant helmet the other day and it felt much better. This large helmet moves too much because it is obviously the too big.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #11

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
I based my fitment of trying it on in the store (didn't have a M to try on), my large size HJC helmet, and my hat size... I'm almost 7 1/2 hat size, all of which indicated either or M or L. I also wear a M/L snug fit hat. I went on the cautious side and bought a L since my HJC is a large... oops! I went and tried on a medium Variant helmet the other day and it felt much better. This large helmet moves too much because it is obviously the too big.
Thanks! I'll call a couple dealers around me and see if they have this helmet in stock and stop on my way home from work and try one on to make sure it fits.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
no problem... I think that the ICON probably does run a little big... you know how every helmet brand is different
Old 08-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, I'm going to have to pass. I was able to try them on and I definitely need a Medium. The large was too loose for me

Good luck with the sale, that's a great price on an awesome helmet!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #14
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry, I'm going to have to pass. I was able to try them on and I definitely need a Medium. The large was too loose for me

Good luck with the sale, that's a great price on an awesome helmet!
no problem... I need a medium too!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
bump for sale!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
bump!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #17
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Bump.... Still for sale, I need a medium
Old 06-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #18
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Ive wanted one of these but cant fund my size, icon sizes seem to run small, tried on a vega and hjc and a xl fit fine, tried on a icon and needed a xxl, the xl was downright painful for me, free bump
Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #19
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I got a large when I should have gotten a medium
Old 06-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #20
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Bump