1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2003 Starcraft 2107 pop-up camper.

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Other' started by udy2554, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Apr 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM
    udy2554

udy2554 [OP] NORTHERN RED-NECK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    SOLD! Thanks Dan and Danielle!

New price, 4/20/13: $3250

Up for sale, 2003 (anniversary) Starcraft 2107 pop-up camper.

I am selling it because I updated to a new 2013 Jayco Baja to haul my 4-wheeler when I camp.

The good:
    No rips or tears in the canvas...NO LEAKS! New Carlisle tires last year, less than 100 miles. New battery last year. New spring pack a couple of years ago. There are electric brakes. Plus, there is a slide out icebox! No need for an extra cooler. 3-way fridge works well, as do all lights, inside and out. There is also a 3-burner stove that functions inside and out.

The bad:
    There is a furnace...it does NOT work. It needs the PC board. I bought the camper that way and never needed it. I do HVAC for a living and did the trouble shooting. I do not know how much the board is. The furnace has electronic ignition. The "bag" the awning rolls up into is torn. I have Gorilla taped it and have had no other problems with it. The awning is fully functional. There is a small tear/hole that was taped over by the original owner. (smaller than a nickel). I was going to replace it just for asthetics. I've seen them on e-bay for anywhere from $99-$300.

A quick history:
    I am the second owner. My wife's uncle bought it new in '03. He used it for 7 seasons. It was his home away from home. When he retired here in NY, he bought property in Baja on the ocean. He towed it to Baja every year until he built his 2nd home there. 2010 was the last year he used it. I bought it last summer to get my ass off the ground when camping with my brothers. I added new tires and that is it. This camper tows like a dream behind my Toy. Everything works except the heater! (it works, just no ignition)

I would keep it, but I needed to upgrade so I could camp and ride!

PICS!

I just set it up yesterday to air it out and take pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, there is a roof rack added for his (Uncle Jake's) canoe and kayak. Also, there is about 10-12gal. water storage with a pump faucet sink.

PM me if there are any other questions! I'm asking $3250 obo. I am willing to deal, it's a great camper, I'm sorry to see it go, but am psyched for the "upgrade"!

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  2. Apr 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    udy2554

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    Bump with a price drop!:)

3. Apr 23, 2013 at 4:17 AM
    JSFoster75

JSFoster75 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Bluff City, TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
    Too many to list.
    Nice camper, we bought a 1998 Coleman and paid the same amount with similar issues. :)

A couple of tips...
    For the awning bag, we found a local upholstery shop that made me a brand new one for $135, and ours had a bad power inverter which I ordered online for $215 and replaced myself. I'd say the heater control board would probably be a similar cost, but we use a little plug in heater since campgrounds include electricity... No sense burning up our propane... :)

GLWS, if I didn't already have one, I'd buy it! Good price!!

4. Apr 23, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    udy2554

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Thanks for the info. I would keep it myself, but I had the opportunity to upgrade to a "toy hauler". I will keep dropping the price till it goes. It's in great condition. The furnace is an easy fix, I just wouldn't use it so I didn't bother.

Thanks again for the awning info, sounds like a great idea!:D

5. May 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    Coolerman

Coolerman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 SR5 AC / 2007 4x4 FJC / 2021 Tesla Y
    Pro/2015 Coil-overs n shocks, Icon progressive AAL, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags and cradles, ECGS clamshell bushing, Extang Solid Fold Tonneau cover, 2014 Navigation radio and backup camera, Wet Okole seat covers, rcbs204 lighted 4x4 switch, Weathertech digifit floor mats and in channel window vents, Scanguage II, Hayden 678 Trans cooler, Western Suburbanite plow, Pop and Lock PL8521
    Thanks For a great deal John. We had fun meeting you.
    Btw your truck is awesome. :)

6. May 6, 2013 at 4:12 AM
    udy2554

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Hey Dan, had a great time meeting you guys! Danielle seems to be a pretty cool wife too! You and I are pretty lucky that way. Next time you get out here, we can hit the shooting range. You guys can put some rounds out with the AR. (maybe that will be the next "mod"?):D

Glad you had fun!:)

Products Discussed in

To Top