1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SNAP-ON TOOLBOX FOR SALE IN PA

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Other' started by Hugh Morron, May 1, 2013.

1. Jul 28, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    Hugh Morron

Hugh Morron [OP] Manic Mechanic

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    12 DCLB SR5 4X4 Barcelona Red Metallic
    ARE Cap, AVS Bugdeflector II, AVS Ventshades, DTRL delete, ABS/VSC/TRAC disable, Toyota LSD with clutchpacks, N-Fab Lightbar, Hella 700ff lights
    Still for sale. I have been putting up fliers in local autoparts stores. Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks.

2. Aug 18, 2013 at 10:36 AM
    Hugh Morron

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    ARE Cap, AVS Bugdeflector II, AVS Ventshades, DTRL delete, ABS/VSC/TRAC disable, Toyota LSD with clutchpacks, N-Fab Lightbar, Hella 700ff lights
    Still for sale. $2500.00. Good price, great box. Lots of storage space. Let me know if anybody is interested. Thanks

3. Aug 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    Hugh Morron

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Lowballer kind of pissed me off this week. Person looked at the box then went back and told one of our customers that I wanted way to much for it. I guess this person wanted to buy a top of the line Snap-On toolbox for a Harbor Freight price(there is nothing wrong with Harbor Freight tools I own and use all the time). To even imply that someone in our garage was trying to rip someone off just boiled my blood. I'm glad it was one of our regulars that felt comfortable enough to come back and talk to me about it. I explained to her the real cost of these boxes(she had no idea of how much they cost or even the fact that we have to finance them). She did understand that it was a good price for a box used for 2 years at less than half the original price. It's not like I'm trying to make a profit on it, I'm just trying to break even and I'm not going to take a loss on it to make some jerk happy. Sorry for the rant but I do feel better now. The worst that will happen is that it will sit in the corner and hold up my coffee mug in the morning. Thanks for listening and let me know if anyone is interested.

4. Sep 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    spdracr

spdracr Member

Member:
    Lauderdale
    supercharged
    A tech at my job has the same box and he paid 3500 used. It's sad people have no idea how much professional tools and tool storage costs. It's a box that you keep and use for a lifetime. Consider posting on Ebay for more exposure.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Sep 3, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    neonlazer

neonlazer Mechanically Goofy

Member:
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB 4x4 SR5
  6. Sep 3, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    Hugh Morron

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks guys. Before I post it on any other sites I will have to talk to the new guy in our shop. He was unemployed for a while but once he gets caught up on his bills maybe I can talk him into it. I will let him make payments on it with the understanding that he cannot remove it from the shop until it's paid off. Thanks again.

7. Oct 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    Hugh Morron

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Still for sale. Would make a great Christmas present. $2500.00 . Had a young guy look at it last week. He really liked it. I don't think he had the cash. Nice guy, hope he gets back to me.

8. Nov 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    Hugh Morron

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Still for sale. PM me if interested. Thanks

9. Nov 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Hope you get it sold. I'd buy it if I had the cash. Have you still not tried Craigslist? I've had a lot of luck on there. Only time so far that I've got the scammer emails is while trying to sell a laptop. Either way GLWS bump

10. Nov 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    Hugh Morron

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    If you bought it DEEVON911, I would have to meet you halfway. That's quite a haul from Pittsburg to Pottsville. No I haven't put it on Craigslist yet been kind of lazy about it. It will sell, it's just going to take time. When the right person looks at it, it will be gone in a heartbeat. Thanks

11. Dec 28, 2013 at 10:34 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.

Bump just for curiosity's sake. Still for sale? I don't need one... just curious!

12. Dec 29, 2013 at 9:19 PM
    dpow

dpow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Philly | Pittsburgh | Brooklyn
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off Road
    Damn, I'm not too far away and would love to take it off your hands if I had the cash...

bump for you, anyways.

13. Dec 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    Hugh Morron

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    First, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
    Second yes it is still for sale. I am kind of getting used to it being close to my box as it gives me a place to sit a cup off coffee. Not as big a deal as before because I kept to my game plan and it will be paid off before the summer(price reduction might be coming).

14. Feb 2, 2014 at 10:19 AM
    Hugh Morron

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Happy Groundhog Day (I still say we should cook and eat the rodent). Just wanted to let people know it is still for sale. Right now it is full of Jeep Liberty engine parts (Lined the drawers with rags to keep it clean). It could be emptied out in 5 minutes if anyone is interested. PM me. Thanks

15. Mar 9, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    Hugh Morron

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Still for sale. Great box with plenty of storage space for a great price $2500.00 . Let me know if anyone is interested.

16. Mar 9, 2014 at 10:02 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Damn, still? No one man enough to sport the purple.

17. Mar 10, 2014 at 6:13 PM
    Hugh Morron

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Hey, it's deep purple not pink, fushia or magenta. I might put some black stripes on it with HEMI stickers and it could be plum crazy. Still for sale.

18. Apr 20, 2014 at 1:39 PM
    Hugh Morron

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Schuylkill County, PA
    Vehicle:
    Happy Easter Everyone !!! Still for sale if anyone is interested. Great box with lots of storage space. Thanks

19. Apr 22, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    Usually when things are for sale for a reaallllly long time, the price goes down the longer its for sale. You keep bumping it with the same price and expecting a different result.

I have no doubt its a nice box, but obviously no one here wants it for that price, or they would have spoken up a year ago.

GLWS free bump

20. Apr 22, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    Imagine how the snap on sales guys feel...

But damn I wish I could afford that box.

Products Discussed in

To Top