1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Black Headlights, r they good?

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Other' started by jrodrigo621, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Aug 20, 2009 at 3:16 PM
    jrodrigo621

jrodrigo621 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jRod
    Guadalajara, México
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    Fox Racing Coilovers / Camburg 1 1/4"Uni Ball upper A-Arms / Limited Straps 16inch / K&N Filter / TRD Seat Covers / Black Pro Comp Wheels 17x9 / 33" Bf goodrich mud terrain km-2
    I´ve been thinking about buying those black headlights for the 05-09 tacoma en ebay, but i wanna know if they´re any good in terms of waterproof

I need your help guys cause ive already bought some headlights for my old f-150 and they didnt work at all with the waterproof:eek: subject!

Thanks!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Aug 20, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    1BlkT

1BlkT Mod'n on a Budget

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black Sport Double Cab
    Allied 4'' Spindles, Sway A Way 2.5 Coilovers, Donahoe Remote Reservoir Shocks w/ Deaver 11Pack Leafs, Goodyear Duratrac 285's, Pro Comp Series 8128, Recessed Grill w/Hella 500's behind, Tint, Black TRD Skid Plate, Debadged, Tailgate Hose Clamp, Weathertech Mats, Aero Turbine 2525XL Exhaust, Volant Intake, RETRO'D Headlights by Yosh2000
    I've heard the ones sold by Revotec are good. I purchased some but I can't remember the seller's name right now, but they were made by Depot. I've purposely blasted water at my seals and they haven't leaked yet so hopefully they keep holding up.

3. Aug 20, 2009 at 3:41 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I bought some off of ebay, not sure what maker but they were good for about 1 1/2 years and then all of a sudden the driver side started fogging up from moisture. Somehow the seal had broke on the top corner. A sealed it up and its back to normal. Or at least I hope it is.:rolleyes:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Aug 20, 2009 at 3:42 PM
    airsoft_warrior

airsoft_warrior Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    I got mine from K2motor.com. Pretty sweet set. I havent had any problems with quality, fogging, or leaking. But the beam takes a little getting used to. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

:cool:

5. Aug 21, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    jrodrigo621

jrodrigo621 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jRod
    Guadalajara, México
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    Fox Racing Coilovers / Camburg 1 1/4"Uni Ball upper A-Arms / Limited Straps 16inch / K&N Filter / TRD Seat Covers / Black Pro Comp Wheels 17x9 / 33" Bf goodrich mud terrain km-2
    And how´s the illumination with those headlights? And is it a plug and play or you had to adjust the wiring harness?

Apreciate it ..

6. Aug 21, 2009 at 10:44 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    And what lights come on when?? (Like do the 4 little leds come on with the "driving lights"/middle position on the light selector)
    and do those do Hi/Lo seperate or on bulb??

7. Aug 21, 2009 at 4:39 PM
    airsoft_warrior

airsoft_warrior Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    Hi/Lo have separate bulbs one is an H3 and one is an H7 if i am not mistaken. They are plug and play and very easy to do. There is one difficult screw under the bumper which i didnt replace because it is a pain in the ARSE to do. Illumination is good. Takes a little while to get used it. If you run fogs with them it makes it look better. And if you have aftermarket fogs or the Fog Mod then they are much better with the high beams and fogs. They are extremely bright and light up the world but the angles are kinda strange. The Bright lights are not very wide beams but the fogs help that and the regular dont go all the way to the ground (which I like for them to) so the fogs help with that. If I have time tonight I will get some pictures of the illumination path. The Halos and LED's come on with the driving lights and stay on with the headlights both Hi/lo beams. Very distinct and the Halos are very bright. My signature picture is with only halos on. If you do get these kind they are the Angel Eyes and CCFL for the Halos. I would go only with the CCFL's.

8. Oct 16, 2009 at 4:46 PM
    DIVER_5

DIVER_5 DIVER_5

Member:
    First Name:
    LAWRENCE
    VALDEZ ALASKA
    Vehicle:
    SILVER WITH A TON OF MONEY IN AND ON IT.
    6" PRO COMP LIFT, PRO COMP SKID PLATE, FABTECH PRERUNNER BAR, 9" PROCOMP LIGHTS, 6000K hid HEADLAMPS WITH BLACK LENS'S, 19" ROCKSTAR WHEELS, 33" GOODYEAR MTR TIRES, DOLBY DIGITAL SURROUND SOUND PIONEER SYSTEM WITH DVD, NAV, BLUE TOOTH & BACK UP CAMERA, 10" CUSTOM SUB BOX BEHIND REAR SEAT, ROCK SLIDER BARS WELDED ON, WITH LINE-X TO MATCH THE LINE-X PRERUNNER BAR
    i bought some and they blew the HID bulb in less than 4 months and fog up when I wash them.
    I tried to get a better seal and it just does not work.
    I deal with it.
    But I did have to put in my factory bulbs. HID's are too expensive to keep blowing out.
    Now the clear coat is pealing off the lens, and the Korean made HID bulbs are impossible to find as just the bulb.

My opinion, they look better, but not really worth it.
    Get a nice pair with a warranty.

Products Discussed in

To Top