Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Other

Notices

Black Headlights, r they good?

Old 08-20-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
jrodrigo621 has a spectacular aura aboutjrodrigo621 has a spectacular aura about

Name: jRod
jrodrigo621's Tacoma Gallery
Black Headlights, r they good?

I´ve been thinking about buying those black headlights for the 05-09 tacoma en ebay, but i wanna know if they´re any good in terms of waterproof

I need your help guys cause ive already bought some headlights for my old f-150 and they didnt work at all with the waterproof subject!

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #2
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard the ones sold by Revotec are good. I purchased some but I can't remember the seller's name right now, but they were made by Depot. I've purposely blasted water at my seals and they haven't leaked yet so hopefully they keep holding up.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I bought some off of ebay, not sure what maker but they were good for about 1 1/2 years and then all of a sudden the driver side started fogging up from moisture. Somehow the seal had broke on the top corner. A sealed it up and its back to normal. Or at least I hope it is.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
Talking

I got mine from K2motor.com. Pretty sweet set. I havent had any problems with quality, fogging, or leaking. But the beam takes a little getting used to. Here are some pics.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
jrodrigo621 has a spectacular aura aboutjrodrigo621 has a spectacular aura about

Name: jRod
jrodrigo621's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft_warrior View Post
I got mine from K2motor.com. Pretty sweet set. I havent had any problems with quality, fogging, or leaking. But the beam takes a little getting used to. Here are some pics.

And how´s the illumination with those headlights? And is it a plug and play or you had to adjust the wiring harness?

Apreciate it ..
Old 08-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodrigo621 View Post
And how´s the illumination with those headlights? And is it a plug and play or you had to adjust the wiring harness?

Apreciate it ..
And what lights come on when?? (Like do the 4 little leds come on with the "driving lights"/middle position on the light selector)
and do those do Hi/Lo seperate or on bulb??
Old 08-21-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
Batman
airsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shedairsoft_warrior is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
airsoft_warrior's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to airsoft_warrior
Hi/Lo have separate bulbs one is an H3 and one is an H7 if i am not mistaken. They are plug and play and very easy to do. There is one difficult screw under the bumper which i didnt replace because it is a pain in the ARSE to do. Illumination is good. Takes a little while to get used it. If you run fogs with them it makes it look better. And if you have aftermarket fogs or the Fog Mod then they are much better with the high beams and fogs. They are extremely bright and light up the world but the angles are kinda strange. The Bright lights are not very wide beams but the fogs help that and the regular dont go all the way to the ground (which I like for them to) so the fogs help with that. If I have time tonight I will get some pictures of the illumination path. The Halos and LED's come on with the driving lights and stay on with the headlights both Hi/lo beams. Very distinct and the Halos are very bright. My signature picture is with only halos on. If you do get these kind they are the Angel Eyes and CCFL for the Halos. I would go only with the CCFL's.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
DIVER_5
DIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDIVER_5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: BOATSWAINS MATE 2ND CLASS
Name: LAWRENCE
DIVER_5's Tacoma Gallery
Black Lights

i bought some and they blew the HID bulb in less than 4 months and fog up when I wash them.
I tried to get a better seal and it just does not work.
I deal with it.
But I did have to put in my factory bulbs. HID's are too expensive to keep blowing out.
Now the clear coat is pealing off the lens, and the Korean made HID bulbs are impossible to find as just the bulb.

My opinion, they look better, but not really worth it.
Get a nice pair with a warranty.