Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Other

Notices

WTB: 5000-6000psi air compressor

Old 10-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: 5000-6000psi air compressor (FOUND)

I help with a Christian outreach group called Crossfire who practice ministry through paintball.

We're looking for an air compressor that can serve as a filling station for our air tanks (think 5000-6000psi operating pressure), ideally something that's diesel/gas on its own trailer.

There's one in Washington that's going for $10k used, but we aren't sure if we can raise the funds before the owner sells it, so if there's anyone out there who could wait as we raised the money, it would be great.

Any tips would be appreciated!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
wolf13 is on a distinguished road
wolf13's Tacoma Gallery
seem to be a number of fields and shops going under lately, plus end of year. I would keep an eye on the pbnation field owners section and try sites like mcarterbrown. When I was involved in college PB, we managed to get a bauer compressor new for a decent price through sponsors since they were trying to get into the college team market and we were one of the first to get really going under the NCPA. right now with the state of the economy, it might be tough to get a sponsor to help, but its worth a try. I'd consider contacting some of the companies that make or distribute compressors. put together a nice packet with the groups details and resume and see where it goes. Special deals like this, you can sometimes get new for the same price as used.

heres a used one on PBN http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ght=compressor and another
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ght=compressor

I'd also post a wtb on MCarterbrown, the guys there are about as likely to have a lead on one as you'll find.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
turns out we found two already and I'm just behind on the news. Thanks though!
Old 10-15-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
wolf13 is on a distinguished road
wolf13's Tacoma Gallery
good luck then. just be sure to check them out thourghly before putting money on em. you'd be suprised at how abused stuff can get in a summer and 5000psi is NOT something to screw around with. I've seen systems I wouldn't go near, let alone operate. I'd highly reccomend getting who ever will be running it some extra HP safety training as well. Don't know what kind of a setup you guys have but you need to make sure everything is covered including liability and under some insurance, filling HP bulk tanks from a compressor is not the same as filling 4500psi tanks from scuba's.

I would also seriously consider having any used compressor gone over and refurbished if needed by someone that services em before I started it up. I've almost gotten killed and nearly lost a hand from malfunctioning HP systems so I take it very seriously.