Old 12-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
tacomaparty is on a distinguished road
tacomaparty's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: propane tank, empty or full

found one on craigslist finally.
1/9/2010
Old 12-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Why not buy one with all current safety features and approved valve from one of those Blue Rhino exchange stations?

Home Depot and many other places have them.

Marc M
Old 12-27-2009, 01:57 AM   #3
an empty tank cost 40+ the propane cost 20ish...

i just bought a new grill for my parents. it just seems silly to pay 40 for an empty tank, and people usually throw out tanks or have spares lying around. i would rather find a used one for cheap or free and pay the 20 for a refill or a little extra for an exchange. waste management doesn't take old tanks and i figure i'd try my luck here.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:42 AM   #4
storktaylor is on a distinguished road

Marines:
storktaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Just a thought, a while ago I went to a southern states in NC and found that they had them for sale, $19.99 for the tank and you got a free fill up (a fill-up by itself was $21.00, so I am not really sure how they stay in business). Look around at non-traditional places (feed and seeds, local hardware stores, etc...) and you might find something cheaper. Blue Rhino is a rip-off, don't ever buy a tank from those clowns.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaparty View Post
an empty tank cost 40+ the propane cost 20ish...

i just bought a new grill for my parents. it just seems silly to pay 40 for an empty tank, and people usually throw out tanks or have spares lying around. i would rather find a used one for cheap or free and pay the 20 for a refill or a little extra for an exchange. waste management doesn't take old tanks and i figure i'd try my luck here.
Used or cheap? So, you'd rather find a used/cheap tank - pay the $$ to have it shipped and take the chance of the thing not being totally legal, valves not work, tank leaks, some other issue, or find out that you can't get it filled somewhere because it doesn't meet code? How will you know for sure that its legal? Some older tanks aren't legal because they don't have the newer style valves,etc.

Look on your local craigslist... you're far better off finding something locally that you can pickup (instead of blowing money on shipping).
Paying shipping seems pointless versus buying one new locally.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
oh thats what i meant, local. and thanks for the advice guys.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
red taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cole
red taco's Tacoma Gallery
You may want to add some info to your profile so that people know where you're located. Not just for this post but its easier if you are looking to buy or sell something in the future.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:55 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
With today's current tanks, even when you think it's empty i.e., not giving you enough pressure to keep your bbq going, they're still about 10% full of liquid propane. So if you're about to ship a tank, of course, make sure it is COMPLETELY empty.
Not to mention, there's probably some regulations involved (and extra fees) to ship a propane tank.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #10
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
I just sold an empty one last week in SD on craigslist for $20. There were 2 or 3 on there at the time.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #11
Bigjoe311
BigJoe311 will become famous soon enough
Name: Joe
BigJoe311's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BigJoe311
DUDE i just cleaned out my neighbors garage and took 2 tanks to the scrap yard yesterday i'da mail it to u for the cost of shipping