Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Other

Notices

FEELER: Receiver Hitch Shackle's

Old 05-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
FEELER: Receiver Hitch Shackle's

I've made a couple of these so far and am curious how many of you would be interested in buying these if i was to make a bunch. They are made from 2 inch solid steel that fits perfect in the hitch and then the shaft with the shackle on it is 1 1/8" thick. if your interested throw your name on the list and I'll see how many i should make if theirs an interest. they are all hand made by my self.

I'm thinking price will be 40$ for just the hitch part and 50$ for hitch and a 4.5 ton 3/4 shackle.

shipping will be in the smallest usps flat rate boxes and i think those are 5$

PM me with any questions or if you would like yours to be different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKLskO11kHM

Old 05-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like solid quality! Good work.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Looks like solid quality! Good work.
thanks i'll have a video of us yanking on it soon.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
awoit will become famous soon enough

awoit's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to awoit
srry if im a noob but what exactly do you pull with that?
Old 05-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work and these are becoming popular again.

I also sent you a pm.....

S
Old 05-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by awoit View Post
srry if im a noob but what exactly do you pull with that?
If you need to get pulled out from behind if you are stuck, or need to pull somebody else out.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
looks meteor proof. PM sent.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #8
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
If you need to get pulled out from behind if you are stuck, or need to pull somebody else out.
thanks for the answer why'll i was out lol

and thanks for your guy's interest i really like the one i built for my self and had my room mate pull me on the street since we dont really have any mud holes right now for me to get stuck in. i had all four tires locked in this video and he had to have it in 4Low to break me loose.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #9
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
hmm video is not showing hold ill get it up in a sec
Old 05-02-2010, 07:21 PM   #10
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
EDIT: i added the video and adding a couple pictures
Old 05-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for Tim.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #12
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I had the money, bump
Old 05-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
trg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant future

Name: Tyler
trg37's Tacoma Gallery
May be none of my business, but you should be really careful pulling on that shackle using a tow strap with hooks. If something happens and that strap snaps it could do some serious damage. Just be careful, that is why I only use tow straps that do not have hooks.

As for the hitch shackle and receiver, I wish you would have posted this up a month ago before I bought my new one. It does not seem too solid, but it will have to do for now. Yours look great and strong.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #14
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trg37 View Post
May be none of my business, but you should be really careful pulling on that shackle using a tow strap with hooks. If something happens and that strap snaps it could do some serious damage. Just be careful, that is why I only use tow straps that do not have hooks.
Yeah, its my old vehicle tow strap I use for towing broke down cars/trucks off the street, I have a much nicer 3"x30' 27,000lb rated one for actual off road recovery that just has loops on the ends.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #15
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trg37 View Post

As for the hitch shackle and receiver, I wish you would have posted this up a month ago before I bought my new one. It does not seem too solid, but it will have to do for now. Yours look great and strong.
thanks alot and ya not my strap but all we had at the time we were making the video. wish i would have had these a month ago too. if yours ends up going to shit let me know and i'll make yu one
Old 05-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #16
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
Wish I had the money, bump
this is the first one i ever built and the piece that the shackle goes through is a little smaller than i wanted but still damn strong. its 7/8" thick instead of 1 1/8". it has a 3.5 ton 1/2 inch shackle and i'm gonna sell it to who ever wants it first for 25$ since its not as beefy as the ones i'm doing now.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #17
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
these look just like the shackle hitches from harbor freight
Old 05-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #18
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I learned the hard way on those straps. Had one break in half at the hook part, well the other half came through back windows like a bullet.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #19
trg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant futuretrg37 has a brilliant future

Name: Tyler
trg37's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I somewhat figured this was not your offroad tow strap. Cannot be too safe though. I will definitely be in touch if mine takes a crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Yeah, its my old vehicle tow strap I use for towing broke down cars/trucks off the street, I have a much nicer 3"x30' 27,000lb rated one for actual off road recovery that just has loops on the ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
thanks alot and ya not my strap but all we had at the time we were making the video. wish i would have had these a month ago too. if yours ends up going to shit let me know and i'll make yu one
Old 05-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #20
s10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the sheds10nick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: nick
s10nick's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to s10nick
haha he pulled your truck around like a rag doll thats funny but i had one of thos straps break at the hook and end up in my drivers side head light it wasnt good glad it hit the head light instead of going through the windsheild and hitting me i learned that lesson really quick i stay way from thos straps