Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade - Other

Notices

WTB Road bike

Old 06-22-2010, 05:11 AM   #1
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Road bike

I am looking to get into road biking and I am looking for a entry level bike that isnt falling apart. If you have something that would be a good match post it and we can discuss.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bump
Old 06-22-2010, 06:40 AM   #3
Dad
buzhazzard is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
buzhazzard's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my bike off of craigslist. It took a few months but that is because I was looking for a 61cm. I ended up finding a helluva deal but just had to be patient.

Otherwise, check bikedirect.com
Old 06-22-2010, 07:28 AM   #4
yeah I have been watching craigslist like a hawk. I have found a couple deals but they are all old.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #5
sd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedsd_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sd_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I've found the number of quality road bikes for sale (at least where I am) on craigslist, is only a fraction of the number mountain bikes. That being said, I was patient and took my time, and eventually found a winner from craigslist. My recommendation is find something with at least shimano 105 group on it.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
There is some guy that is around the corner that collects road bikes that I am gonna go meet tomorrow. He said he has about 30 in stock that have a wide variance in sizes and quality. In turn his prices are extremely low. I hope it works out as easy as it sounds.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #7
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a time vx edge for sale. What size are you looking for?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
Noob
subtleshift will become famous soon enoughsubtleshift will become famous soon enough

Name: Dallas
subtleshift's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to subtleshift
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_tacoma View Post
My recommendation is find something with at least shimano 105 group on it.
x2
Old 07-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
OP: imho, tiagra is good enough for a beginner...you can upgrade later if you get into it / if not, you're not out the extra cash. No doubt, 105 is better [and more expensive].