Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

too good to be true?? need help

Old 06-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
kingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the rough
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
too good to be true?? need help

hey guys i am currently looking at a 2007 tacoma for sale for only $9,500. Its a double cab trd sport and only has 7500 miles on it. Here's the email the guy sent me after I told him that I honestly think he is trying to scam someone.

Hello,
The car is in custody of MSN Autos and because I don`t have time to meet the potential buyers , they will take care of everything for me .They will ship it to the next owner (on my cost).
They act as a neutral third party between me and you . You DO NOT have to pay any taxes, shipping fees or other hidden costs ! Here is how it works :
1. I will contact MSN Autos and give them all the details about this transaction.
2. They will email you the forms which are needed for this transaction (invoice, payment instructions, buyer's and seller's protection policy)
3. You will send the money to MSN Autos (the funds are kept by them until the car is on your name ! )
4. After you inspect the car and all the documents and decide to keep it ,they will help you with all the papers and will put the car on your name.
5. MSN Autos will not forward me the money until you test the car and inspect all the documents. You will have 5 days to inspect it. If , for any reason , you decide not to keep the car you will receive all your money back , no questions asked !
You can rest assured we both are 100% protected and the transaction will go smoothly.
Please let me know if you agree with these terms so I can contact MSN Autos and the shipping company ,in order to start the procedures .It will require your full name , address (where the car should be sent to ) and your phone number. Once I have these details I will forward them and you will receive the invoice for this transaction .It's really easy and the car will be at your door in 3-4 days max ! This way is just the same thing with buying your neighbor's car. Let me know.
Best Regards

oh and idk if there was a way he could see my last name when i sent him an email but his last name just so happened to be the same as mine.
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Scam
Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Its a scam.. I can tell.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
DO NOT do it if you do not get to see it in person
Old 06-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
imho, risky business dude!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
like a boss
middiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security
Name: Joe
middiedefense's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to middiedefense
Never put money up front on the internet. And you have to think that price is way too low.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
kingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the roughkingN8 is a jewel in the rough
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
you guys think there is a way to have a laywer look over this all the way through the transaction? and if anything goes wrong i could sue or somethin
Old 06-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #8
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by middiedefense View Post
Never put money up front on the internet. And you have to think that price is way too low.
yea the price is extremely low but it he jus sounds convincing to me, but fishy at the same time.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chase
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate TSS View Post
yea the price is extremely low but it he jus sounds convincing to me, but fishy at the same time.

Definitely a scam, have seen similar things before.

Call his bluff by asking where MSN Auto is located and state you plan on flying in and paying for the vehicle w/a cashiers check (or cash) after inspecting it.

I am sure you will get a BS excuse about why this isn't possible, or no reply at all as he will move to the next potential victim.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #10
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Firefighter160's Tacoma Gallery
No thats a scam man just report it and 4get it....
Old 06-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #11
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseUA View Post

Call his bluff by asking where MSN Auto is located and state you plan on flying in and paying for the vehicle w/a cashiers check (or cash) after inspecting it.

I am sure you will get a BS excuse about why this isn't possible, or no reply at all as he will move to the next potential victim.
x2 do thiss
Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #12
kingN8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseUA View Post

Just emailed him with your idea, i'll post what i get back from him.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #13
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
what are you guys talking about? this guys seems legit
Old 06-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #15
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
Complete scam. I ran into many of these while trying to find my truck.

Usually its said to go over Ebay Motors with almost the exact same template. First time I've actually seen MSN Autos. Best that I can see, MSN does not do anything with sales at all. They do offer some listings through Autotrader.com, but they dont actually do any money transfers concerning the sells. Autotrader.com is just a listing service only.

I did have a little fun with the scammers when I ran into em though. Feel free to lead em on, etc, but just never give them any real info.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:39 PM   #16
-Empty-
KaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaoskrewPB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Aaron
KaoskrewPB's Tacoma Gallery
Saw something very similar for a 2006 wrangler, it was priced at 4200 with very little miles.
We emailed the person who made the ad and we got a very similar response to your ad.
Next day the ad was removed from cars.com
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 AM   #17
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
scam, scam, scam. Do not do this. We need to get these fuckers off the internet
Old 06-30-2010, 05:20 AM   #18
bookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud ofbookmonke has much to be proud of
Name: Mark
bookmonke's Tacoma Gallery
Hey that is the same Tacoma I am buying too.

It is a scam, but do the "I have a friend in that city with cash in hand to pick it up", you will get the I'm in the military and can't leave base because we are shipping out excuse. Its fun to play with these scammers.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:42 AM   #19
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
As they say if it's too good to be true then it probably is. I agree with everyone else, BS. That price is way low for an '07 with only 7500mi. Hypothetically, if it were real, it could be a salvaged vehicle. Just for shits n giggles ask him to provide you with a VIN (even though he could grab any random one online). He also says you don't pay any taxes, but just wait until you register the vehicle and see.

Walk away from this one dude. You'll be better off.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:22 AM   #20
wcm608 will become famous soon enoughwcm608 will become famous soon enough

wcm608's Tacoma Gallery
Definite scam. Ask him to email you a copy of the title. You'll never see it.