Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: Broken mirror or just mirror mount

Old 07-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
ppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud of
ppleasants's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Broken mirror or just mirror mount

I woke up the other morning (coincidentally in the truck of subject) to find my driver side mirror broken off. I've tried to find a replacement but the color-matched parts from toyota are around $250. After some investigation, I realized that all I need is the piece that connects the actual mirror housing to the door(pictured). If anyone has this piece or a broken mirror that they don't need, please let me know. I'm willing to pay for shipping and can pay for the parts or trade if I have something you need (especially bed cleats, since I have a few extra). Thanks

WTB: Broken mirror or just mirror mount-img00167-20100714-1140.jpg

WTB: Broken mirror or just mirror mount-img00168-20100714-1140.jpg
Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
ppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud of
ppleasants's Tacoma Gallery
All the junkyards and salvage yards in the area only sell the whole mirror assembly(or that's all they have listed in inventory). I'm guessing that a small part like that isn't enough to even list in inventory and you're not allowed to walk the lot on most of them nowadays. The few that I've found that you can actually walk around and grab parts don't have any newer body tacomas... it sucks. I'm thinking about using some heavy duty adhesive and bondo to put it back together for a temporary fix
Old 07-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry... didn't know that. Good luck finding one.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #5
Colorado Craig is on a distinguished road
Colorado Craig's Tacoma Gallery
I actually just today screwed two screws through the bottom into the top housing. I removed two of the mounting screws, drilled up into the upper mount and screwed in a couple of heavy #10 size(I think) 1 1/4 screws. Holds pretty well actually.......Now to find a new one, and I don't have to hurry. Mirror doesn't pivot anymore but the power mirror still pivots. So not a bad fix that you cant even see for a buck........:-)
Old 05-31-2011, 06:03 AM   #6
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Might try certifit or eBay for a cheap mirror, then just take the mounting from it.