Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

buying advice needed for truck I found

Old 07-15-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
sook is on a distinguished road

sook's Tacoma Gallery
buying advice needed for truck I found

An acquaintance at work is selling his truck. Tell me what you think of the truck, the price, and anything I need to be aware of or look out for. This is my first truck.

2008 Silver AccessCab V6 Auto PreRunner SR5 TRD-offroad w/ tow package. AZ paint protection, 6CD changer, ladder rack in bed. 20,157 miles. He offered it to me 6 months ago for $24k, he offered it to me yesterday for $19k. Blue Book Private Party is about $21/22k. He said he's had it on Craig's List 4 times at $20k. Paying cash doesn't matter to Private Party right? Either way he's getting the amount upfront yeah?

Here's a pic - http://yfrog.com/j8f4ljj

He's the second owner. The first owner sold it because it was his wife's and she died. They're selling it now because they're downgrading.

Nearly everything looks good cosmetically; they barely drove it. There is a big swooping line on the tailgate where it got keyed- he was told it would take $300 to fix. But that can't be right..? There is a mark on the roof about 6" long from running into a tree probably.

I haven't test drove it yet.

Thoughts?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
Hey , Buy my 2008! Prerunner SR5 Sport Double cab , 25K miles , 4.0L , Automatic , 2.5" lift , Off Road rims , Black headlight mod , Tinted taillights , Tinted to match front side windows , Anytime running fog light mod , window deflectors ,bug shield , Satoshi grill with
TRD emblem , no scratches no dents $23,500
Attached Thumbnails
buying advice needed for truck I found-tacoma.jpg  
Old 07-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sook View Post
An acquaintance at work is selling his truck. Tell me what you think of the truck, the price, and anything I need to be aware of or look out for. This is my first truck.

2008 Silver AccessCab V6 Auto PreRunner SR5 TRD-offroad w/ tow package. AZ paint protection, 6CD changer, ladder rack in bed. 20,157 miles. He offered it to me 6 months ago for $24k, he offered it to me yesterday for $19k. Blue Book Private Party is about $21/22k. He said he's had it on Craig's List 4 times at $20k. Paying cash doesn't matter to Private Party right? Either way he's getting the amount upfront yeah?

Here's a pic - http://yfrog.com/j8f4ljj

He's the second owner. The first owner sold it because it was his wife's and she died. They're selling it now because they're downgrading.

Nearly everything looks good cosmetically; they barely drove it. There is a big swooping line on the tailgate where it got keyed- he was told it would take $300 to fix. But that can't be right..? There is a mark on the roof about 6" long from running into a tree probably.

I haven't test drove it yet.

Thoughts?
Sounds pretty good to me
Old 07-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
Krewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Krewblink's Tacoma Gallery
definetly go with Bama's car.

whats the CATCH?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious, what is Arizona paint protection?
Old 07-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
outdoorlife84 will become famous soon enoughoutdoorlife84 will become famous soon enough
Name: Matt
outdoorlife84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bama trd View Post
Hey , Buy my 2008! Prerunner SR5 Sport Double cab , 25K miles , 4.0L , Automatic , 2.5" lift , Off Road rims , Black headlight mod , Tinted taillights , Tinted to match front side windows , Anytime running fog light mod , window deflectors ,bug shield , Satoshi grill with
TRD emblem , no scratches no dents $23,500

If your truck was White or Black I'd take it!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #7
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewblink View Post
definetly go with Bama's car.

whats the CATCH?
No Catch , just need a payment gone , I'm remodeling my home and have kids with school fees coming , clothes , cell phones , the teenage stuff! I've had it on CL for about 2 weeks in Birmingham , AL.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:36 AM   #8
sook is on a distinguished road

sook's Tacoma Gallery
the paint protection is an extra coating because it gets 120 here in the summer
Old 07-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sook View Post
the paint protection is an extra coating because it gets 120 here in the summer
gotcha.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:32 PM   #10
Prerunner07 is on a distinguished road
Prerunner07's Tacoma Gallery
run the vin

Do a autocheck or carfax.