1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: Brand new 265/65/17 tires...

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by pb4ugotobed, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Jul 23, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    pb4ugotobed

pb4ugotobed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have 4 brand new 265/65/17 tires. They are Starfire SF 510 and are made by Cooper tires. These are BRAND new, never been mounted, still have the stickers on them, still have the nipples on the tread. DOT manufacture date was 10th week 2010 (so you know they weren't sitting around for several years but still new). I just bought these over the weekend for my wife's Sequoia. I could have sworn her new wheels were 17" wheels (from a 4runner)... They're not. They're 18" wheels. Oops! Maybe someone on here can use them.

Here's the deal though, I really do not want to ship this. This is really directed towards the Florida people. I live in central FL (near orlando). With shipping, on Summit RAcing these cost about $600. Asking $400 or best offer. I can't use them. My 4runner runs 33x12.50x15's. Her Sequoia needs 18's. Anyone need new tires? :)

07232010317[1].jpg
    07232010318[1].jpg

2. Jul 23, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    no care bout the tires sorry, but i would love to see a build thread on the 4runner :D

3. Jul 23, 2010 at 6:34 PM
    pb4ugotobed

Member:
    lol. It's a "project". Fortunately, I am a Tech at a yota dealership, so it's nothing outrageous, but a lot of work. Readers digest version... It's a 91 v6 4wd auto. Bought it for $800 with piss poor compression. Was told "it had bad head gaskets". No dice, how about bad HEAD. Previous owner never did any sort of valve lash adjustments... beat valve seats out of head. Found head in junkyard ($75). Did valve job, new seals and gaskets all the way around, runs like a champ. Suspension was old, worn, and saggy. Replaced with new (taller) suspension. Got about 6 inches or so of lift (was REAL saggy). $250 with all 4 new shocks (procomp). It came with 32x11.50x15 bfg all terrains. They SUCK. replaced with a set of swamper tsl radials 33x10.50x15 and some different rims at the same time. Much better, however quickly learned that 10.50 tire is WAY too skinny for this heavy ass truck to go through the soft sugar sand very well... Traded those for a set of 33x12.50x15 procomp mud terrains. Much better (and these tires do NOT clog up... great!) Then transmission dies (solenoids i'm pretty sure). Found another for $125 locally, bought another tranny. swapped it out. A couple little hiccups here and there, but at least it drove again, and shifts pretty good. Fixes last oil leak at the same time (rear main). I got some body work to do, still need to find another rear bumper. Both passenger doors are rotted a bit at the bottom, have 2 other doors in the garage now to replace them with. HAve one rust spot below window in rear quarter panel to fix, no biggie. Then coming soon (within the next couple months or so) I'll have the 2 new doors ready for paint, I'll scuff the whole truck up and shoot it. At the moment I'm thinking silver, but yet to be determined. Might go army green :)

4. Jul 23, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    pb4ugotobed

Member:
    Quick before and after pics. First one is when I first got it. Second is how it sits now.

The paint is still crap. I'm pretty sure it sat in the guys yard for 4 or 5 years before I bought it. Very little clear coat left on it, though it looks a million times better than when I got it. With a buffer it will shine up for a couple days, but then goes kinda chalky again. When I got it, it was orange.

32's stock.jpg
    33's lifted.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top