1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where to find Used Camper Shells in Northern CA?

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by RareArtists, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Jul 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM
    RareArtists

RareArtists [OP] New Member

Member:
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    2001 Xtracab TRD SuperCharger
    TRD SuperCharger
    After 15 years of lusting after Tacoma's....I finally have my own and its a beauty!

I am wondering if any of you guys have ideas on where I can look for quality used camper shells in Northern California.

I am looking on Craigslist & eBay already.....as well as calling around to a few retailers, but I'm wondering if there is anywhere else I should be looking?

also, has anyone tried out the Softopper? Seems like an interesting product.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jul 26, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    graymaurer

graymaurer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD V6
    I haven't tried the Softtopper but did have the Bestop and loved it (actually considering purchasing again).

As for used camper shells, I would keep looking on craigslist. Private sales will pop up every once in awhile along with vendors that post there as well.

3. Jul 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    I just found this one yesterday in Medford, Oregon. I usually check every couple of days and post up any I find for Tacomaworld members. I found mine using Craigslist but know how hard it is to locate if you don't want to buy new. You can check my profile. I found a nice SnugTop. Mine was originally black but I took it to MAACO and had it color matched for a couple hundred bucks. Total cost of mine was 600+ 250 paint. Great savings over new. I ended up driving down from Seattle to just below Portland. Good luck. Ken

Canopy 05-10 Tacoma L/bed white- Medford Or. C/L find - NOT MINE
    medford craigslist > for sale / wanted > auto parts please flag with care:

miscategorized
    prohibited
    spam/overpost
    best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
    toyota truck canopy - $500 (gold hill)

Date: 2010-07-23, 10:56AM PDT
    Reply to: sale-zzrcv-1859081574@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

toyota truck canopy 2006-2008. fits 6ft bed. the color is silver, no dents. 541-778-1548

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

PostingID: 1859081574

4. Jul 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM
    RareArtists

RareArtists [OP] New Member

Member:
    San Francisco
    Vehicle:
    2001 Xtracab TRD SuperCharger
    TRD SuperCharger
    thanks for the tips!

Products Discussed in