Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Bed extender

Old 07-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
Davell is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
Davell's Tacoma Gallery
Bed extender

I need to get a bed extender for my 2010 C/C 5 ft. bed. The dealer says I do not need a bracket which I find hard to believe from what I am reading on here. I would rather save a few bucks by not getting it at the dealer but do not want to drill into truck. Does the OEM extender need a bracket or not?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
It needs a bracket, but IIRC, you dont have to drill anything.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
Davell's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply. The dealership told me I do not need a bracket. Do you happen to know what part # this might be? Thanks
Old 07-26-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
PT329-35051 for the brackets.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
You will need to drill 6 pilot holes for the bracket on each side.

Bst price I found when ordering was from Streetsideauto.com the bracket comes with the extender

Here is the silver one:
http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...umber=74501-00

Here is black:
http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...umber=74501-01

Here is the latch kit needed to lock it on the tailgate when down:
http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...umber=74603-01
Old 07-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
my dealer said i needed the bracket, and it was sold separate, called another dealer and they said it all came togethet bracket and extender.
had to drill a few holes to mount.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #7
chaztoyo is on a distinguished road
Name: Chaz
chaztoyo's Tacoma Gallery
After searching the local dealers and several internet sites, I bought 1 last week on ebay. Brand new in the box. It arrived UPS today and appears to have all of the brackets included. I won't get a chance to install it until this weekend, but I did read the instructions and it definitely requires drilling 3 holes on each side, and it includes a paper template you can cut out and tape to the sidewall to know exactly where to drill. I'll try to post a link to another one from the same seller. If the link doesn't work, search for seller "toyotamall1". And the price was better than the other places I found.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...Q5fAccessories
Old 07-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #8
Davell's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the info. Once again the dealership doesn't seem to know it's own products they sell. What a surprise. will look for your post.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #9
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaztoyo View Post
After searching the local dealers and several internet sites, I bought 1 last week on ebay. Brand new in the box. It arrived UPS today and appears to have all of the brackets included. I won't get a chance to install it until this weekend, but I did read the instructions and it definitely requires drilling 3 holes on each side, and it includes a paper template you can cut out and tape to the sidewall to know exactly where to drill. I'll try to post a link to another one from the same seller. If the link doesn't work, search for seller "toyotamall1". And the price was better than the other places I found.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...Q5fAccessories
I bought one from these guys over a month ago. They are great to deal with...

Have fun with the install. It is very painless and it took me about 20 minutes to remove the rear lights, drill the holes, install the bracket and remount the lights.....