Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

How to send 75" box?

Old 07-27-2010, 02:40 AM   #1
Adirondacjack will become famous soon enough
Name: john
Adirondacjack's Tacoma Gallery
How to send 75" box?

UPS site gave me a qoute of under 150 to send a rear qaurter panel and front fender across country. So I send the money. Now UPS and Fedex are telling the guy quite a few hundred because it's a "freight" item. Any suggestions?
Old 07-27-2010, 04:33 AM   #2
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Both FedEx and UPS have their own Freight divisions. The reason you got booted away was due to dimensions. I'd try FedEx Ground (The guys with the green colored EX)

I'm a driver with FedEx Freight. If you go that route and it's geographically feasible, do a dock pickup request. You take it there and the person on the other end picks it up at a terminal closest to them.

Call 800-Go-Fedex and ask for GROUND

For your location, there is a Freight terminal in Schenectady (It's considered and labeled as our Albany hub) It's in the Rotterdam Industrial park.

1500 Rotterdam Industrial Park
Schenectady, NY 12306-1923
(518) 869-2220
Old 07-27-2010, 04:47 AM   #3
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
greyhound is another option
Old 07-27-2010, 05:07 AM   #4
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
TiCTacoma. Your avatar is awesome I pass that Smiley face every time I go down 77 right before I hit 26. Funny to see it here on the forums.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:16 AM   #5
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I delivered some chemicals there once. It's amazing how long you can hold your breathe when you HAVE to.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:17 AM   #6
rjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjclemen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Riley
rjclemen's Tacoma Gallery
What does that plant do?
Old 07-27-2010, 05:30 AM   #7

Sewage Treatment.....Crack your window next time it's 90 degrees. The have a lovely gift shop.

(apologies for the thread jack)
Old 07-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I've used Greyhound in the past for large items and they have been pretty cheap but yeah, you can go UPS Freight as well.