Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB this JEEP: what do yall think???

Old 07-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation WTB this JEEP: what do yall think???

ive been lookin for a jeep for awhile now n i stumbled across this one...it says it wont turn over so im thinkin it just needs a starter!!! give me ur ideas n weather or not i should buy it...im goin to MOAB in 2 years for my grad present so i am sure that i will take it along as my toy n let the taco stick to the dunes!!!

http://www.southernairboat.com/class...erokee&cat=502
Old 07-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
look again i posted the link i forgot the 1st time!!! my bad
Old 07-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
i'd try to find a TJ, those Cherokee are pieces of crap... IMO
Old 07-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #5
tacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacosupreme54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacosupreme54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
look again i posted the link i forgot the 1st time!!! my bad
ohhhhhhhh....idk man, i thought you were talking about a wrangler. i wouldn't buy it, but that's just me. cherokees just look to "family oriented" to me, lol
Old 07-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
Cwhitt09taco will become famous soon enoughCwhitt09taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cody
Cwhitt09taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 87 xj cherokee as a play toy and I ended up letting it sit up for a year, and some how or another the ecu got messed up and it keeps on running my battery down and burning fuel pumps up. Personally I'd keep that 2k and go buy me a cj-5 or cj-7. My dad has a bunch of those and they are strong jeeps and parts are everywere. Jeeps are universal in a way such as steering sectors for chevy pickups back the 70s could be used on the cj-5s and numerous drivetrain parts could be used from fords on them. If you decide to get a cj-5 or cj-7 I recommend the AMC 304 with the 3 speed manual tranny. The older jeeps are fun and easy to work on. That grand cherokee will blow your mind when you pop the hood!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
well my parents will be towing it behind their rv as well so kind of ifee...my dad already established he wont buy a wrangler!!! idk it seems like a good deal...when i turn 18 i plan on buyin which ever jeep they have buy then n then turn it into my toy/off road machine!!! arb bumpers, lift. rims/tires, n of course lockers!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
Cwhitt09taco will become famous soon enoughCwhitt09taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cody
Cwhitt09taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TioTaco View Post
REAL Jeeps have 4 cyls., and "Willys" stamped on the hood
x2
Old 07-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #11
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
well my parents will be towing it behind their rv as well so kind of ifee...my dad already established he wont buy a wrangler!!! idk it seems like a good deal...when i turn 18 i plan on buyin which ever jeep they have buy then n then turn it into my toy/off road machine!!! arb bumpers, lift. rims/tires, n of course lockers!!!
You've been spoiled by your Taco... You'll dump all your mod money into keeping that thing running rather than on mods. If you must get a Jeep, get an older one from when jeeps were still jeeps, not grocery getters
Old 07-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #12
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
what do u mean it will blow my mined when i open the hood on a gc???
Old 07-30-2010, 01:39 AM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm more of a Wrangler guy myself

But go for it bud...do what makes you happy
Old 07-30-2010, 05:08 AM   #14
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Good price considering the low mileage. Sounds like a battery issue and not a starter prob..I would recommend running a carfax and see if seller will allow you to jump start the battery before you buy it. Don't buy it unless you can start it and able to shift through the gears. Unfortunately, Cherokees are not known for durability.GL.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:28 AM   #15
hillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant futurehillbillytoyo has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
hillbillytoyo's Tacoma Gallery
My wife drives an 04 Grand Cherokee Limited w/ 88,000 miles. It is actually quite the grocery getter, in all conditions. The all-wheel driver is pretty sweet. We live in the mountains of West Virginia and we some pretty bad winters but the Jeep has neveer been syopped. My wife has to cross two mountains every day to get to work. And it's also nice not having to shift in and out of 4 wheel drive. It may be a good investment but I don't know. Just my .02, you do whatever make you happy.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't buy it myself. I'd rather save my money and buy a CJ.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #17
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
well i called the seller today...bad news the jeep had been sold this morning...listed just yesterday n sold today!!! wtf he made out
Old 07-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #18
silverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilverback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
silverback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwhitt09taco View Post
I have an 87 xj cherokee as a play toy and I ended up letting it sit up for a year, and some how or another the ecu got messed up and it keeps on running my battery down and burning fuel pumps up. Personally I'd keep that 2k and go buy me a cj-5 or cj-7. My dad has a bunch of those and they are strong jeeps and parts are everywere. Jeeps are universal in a way such as steering sectors for chevy pickups back the 70s could be used on the cj-5s and numerous drivetrain parts could be used from fords on them. If you decide to get a cj-5 or cj-7 I recommend the AMC 304 with the 3 speed manual tranny. The older jeeps are fun and easy to work on. That grand cherokee will blow your mind when you pop the hood!

x2.. That thing is tops turvy. That thing will tip over on the slightest angle. If they dont plan on offroading it then you'll be fine. Otherwise def a cj5/7 . They are tanks and look good behind a motorhome. Even better in mud!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #19
IsmellBacon is on a distinguished road
EMS:
IsmellBacon's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1989 Jeep Wrangler with a 79 Ford D60 in the front and a GM 14bolt in the rear. Both Detroit locked with 5.13s turning 35" BFGs. (little small for those beasts). So my opion is to go with a Wrangler, make sure it has the 4.0L engine in it. With I had waited and done that instead of jumping on the first thing i was (damn 2.5L).

The wrangler is nice because you can easly mod it to hell and back. Secondly the ONLY Jeep is one that you can take the doors and roof off of. Third, you wont care if you beat the crap out of.

Bacon

2010 Tacoma TRD off road
1989 YJ project in progress
Old 07-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #20
IsmellBacon is on a distinguished road
EMS:
IsmellBacon's Tacoma Gallery
It comes down to what kind of wheeling you want to do. You Tacoma will do everything that jeep your looking at will. If you are wanting to do some serious stuff then go with a CJ/YJ/TJ or what ever J and plan out your mods for it. Most mods can be easly found in the junkyard (axles, transmissions, springs, etc). 90% of Moab can be done with 33-35" tires, rear locker, and a 3-4 inch lift.

Bacon