Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB Complete Fog Light Kit

Old 07-31-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
Schully is a jewel in the roughSchully is a jewel in the roughSchully is a jewel in the rough

Name: Aaron
Schully's Tacoma Gallery
WTB Complete Fog Light Kit

My truck came without fog lights. I was wondering if anyone has a complete fog kit with wiring and switch that they are willing to sell for a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Schully
Old 07-31-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought a new one from PIAA...still waiting to receive it...told they are bigger lights so they stick out a bit...but i know they wont be junk...mine came without the fog lights, even though I had the SR5. Anyway, bought a set from a dealer, i told them I would install, but they said they would install for free...so I said sure. long story short, they freaking leak water in the lense, im talking, half of each light is full of water. and since I bought them over a year ago, they aren't covered under any warrenty because they 'didnt originally come with the truck'. I personally think they put in not toyota brand ones and screwed me...anyway, back to original idea, the PIAA ones you can find for fairly cheap, and are decent, i'll post pics as soon as I get them installed. Oh, and they are a heck of a lot cheaper than the ones from toyota. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
Schully is a jewel in the roughSchully is a jewel in the roughSchully is a jewel in the rough

Schully's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet View Post
Just bought a new one from PIAA...still waiting to receive it...told they are bigger lights so they stick out a bit...but i know they wont be junk...mine came without the fog lights, even though I had the SR5. Anyway, bought a set from a dealer, i told them I would install, but they said they would install for free...so I said sure. long story short, they freaking leak water in the lense, im talking, half of each light is full of water. and since I bought them over a year ago, they aren't covered under any warrenty because they 'didnt originally come with the truck'. I personally think they put in not toyota brand ones and screwed me...anyway, back to original idea, the PIAA ones you can find for fairly cheap, and are decent, i'll post pics as soon as I get them installed. Oh, and they are a heck of a lot cheaper than the ones from toyota. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for the knowledge! It sounds a bit shady to me that the dealership didn't charge you for labor, they usually don't do that. If you don't mind could you let me know how your setup works out for you when it comes in?

Still looking for the kit guys...
Old 07-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sure thing, I'll even take pictures. And thats what I thought...thats why I think I got the wrong end of a shaddy deal...I thought they were just being nice, but I think they didnt want me to know they weren't using toyota parts...though...all the parts have toyota markings and part numbers, so I don't know...but I'll def let you know how it turns out with pictures.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #5
Just got them installed...bloody hell, they are anything but easy to install...maybe if you remove your bumper...but that was too much work for me, I did though, temporarily have to unattach the thing in front of the front tires in the wheel well to get my hand through. The PIAA lights are MASSIVE. Though, comparitively, far cheaper than the OEM, and produce a heck of a lot more light. The lense of the lights sticks out of the hole, its not recessed like OEM fog lights...but it doesnt look bad persay. I'll take pictures tomorrow and post them for you. The whole kit that comes is excelent, though I reccomend NOT using their wire splicer tap thing...I just crimped an 'O' ring to the end of the one wire and put it directly to the battery. They wanted it so your fogs would only come on with a certain beam, which I'm sure is a legality issue in some states...but I hate wire tapping. Anyway, definately worth the money for the set, very well made, excelent light output. Actually, because of these lights, I'm now going to go with 2 sets of PIAA 540s to put on my light bar instead of hellas. My lights will match real nice now, plus I ordered a set of H4 PIAA bulbs that are the same light as in the fogs and my aux lights, so everything will look real sharp. Schully, I would reccomend the kit, but let me take pics for you tomorrow. Some people may not like how they stick out about 1/2 inch, It's kind of growing on me. I'll let you decide, I will tell you this though, they are MUCH easier to aim where you want them to go, and the light difference is phenominal. Much brighter, cleaner looking light.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #6
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
PIAA Fog Light Kit

Please excuse the bug splatter...I drove through the 8th plague of locusts last night...only they were mayflys...

Old 08-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #8
on a side note...does anyone know of any amazing safe cleaner to get bug splatter off? I HATE mayflys...they are like freaking gorrilla glue bombs. I'd love to know of some cleaner thats safe on our plastic bumpers, paint, and windshields/windshield wipers.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
jaylab98 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
jaylab98's Tacoma Gallery
carri

I bought the carri kit when I bought my truck due it also not coming with foglights. My truck was prewired so all I ended up needing was the lights and the factory switch, you might want to check and see if your truck is prewired also. If it is all you need is the lights from ebay or from where ever, the factory switch from ebay or others, and the relay from toyota. I do have the wiring kit from carri if you needed that.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #10

Schully's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylab98 View Post
I bought the carri kit when I bought my truck due it also not coming with foglights. My truck was prewired so all I ended up needing was the lights and the factory switch, you might want to check and see if your truck is prewired also. If it is all you need is the lights from ebay or from where ever, the factory switch from ebay or others, and the relay from toyota. I do have the wiring kit from carri if you needed that.
Hmm prewire? How do I go about checking that?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #11
I have a 2009 Tacoma thats a 4 banger with the SR5 model (in the V6 it came with factory fog lights). Mine was not prewired.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #12

Schully's Tacoma Gallery
bump