Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FEELER: 09 Stock Headunit

Old 08-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
FEELER: 09 Stock Headunit

I'm thinking about selling my 2009 Non-JBL headunit. I'm looking to get about $100 + shipping. Occasionally it will randomly cut-off, which is a known issue with all 2009 Tacomas. Everything is included except for the stock metal mounting brackets (which you can re-use off of your current stereo) and the yellow mounting clips (which you can also re-use off of your current stereo).

PS. When I was taking off the clock/hazard buttons, I had to take off that black plastic thing over to the right, anyone know what that goes to?

Price: $100 + shipping.

Remember, this is just a feeler.
Attached Thumbnails
FEELER: 09 Stock Headunit-dsc_2083.jpg  
Old 08-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
isn't there a tsb for the radio? get it fixed then sell it.

no ones going to put up that kind of money for a bad radio especially when you can go get a good aftermarket for $200. I sold mine for $60, it took 2 weeks of bumps, and it worked perfectly.
No there is no TSB for it, it's just all radios like this, new or a replacement have this problem. And the $$$ was a starting point. And it's not "bad" it works well. Just once in a blue moon it randomly turns off.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Not true. There is a TSB, or something of the like, anyway, they know about it. I had to go through 3, got my last one, works perfectly, and definately feels WAY more solid then the rest. I then took it out and put in my aftermarket kit...I just wanted a stock one that worked perfectly to keep for that 'just in case' moment haha
Old 08-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
Rand Paul 2016

Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet View Post
Not true. There is a TSB, or something of the like, anyway, they know about it. I had to go through 3, got my last one, works perfectly, and definately feels WAY more solid then the rest. I then took it out and put in my aftermarket kit...I just wanted a stock one that worked perfectly to keep for that 'just in case' moment haha
Yea there is something like it, but there is no official TSB for it. Just a take it in, they know about the problem, and you get put on a 4 month waiting list.

I think I'll probably just keep this one in case I ever need it again.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
Yea there is something like it, but there is no official TSB for it. Just a take it in, they know about the problem, and you get put on a 4 month waiting list.

I think I'll probably just keep this one in case I ever need it again.

4 month?? I got all of mine (3) all within maybe a month and a week. What dealer do you go to? Maybe try another dealer? All of mine came within 1-2 weeks.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
maxa is on a distinguished road
Name: Max
maxa's Tacoma Gallery
Do you know if it fits earlier years (like my '08)?
If so, I'd be interested...
Old 08-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #9
Rand Paul 2016

Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet View Post
4 month?? I got all of mine (3) all within maybe a month and a week. What dealer do you go to? Maybe try another dealer? All of mine came within 1-2 weeks.
The 4 month timeline was what I had been hearing from people on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxa View Post
Do you know if it fits earlier years (like my '08)?
If so, I'd be interested...
Yeah it fits earlier years, PM sent.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #10
Taco Fever - I've got it bad!
billyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
billyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
For what it's worth, I fixed my "poltergeist" factory radio (Delphi AD1808)by removing the face (2 torx screws), spraying the main connector contacts & the grounding pad w/electronic contact cleaner (WalMart) and reassembling. HU has worked flawlessly for several weeks now.