Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FS: 2005 AcessCab, 4WD, 4 cyl, 5-speed

Old 08-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
MrH42 is on a distinguished road
MrH42's Tacoma Gallery
FS: 2005 AcessCab, 4WD, 4 cyl, 5-speed

Hey everyone,

Up for sale is a 2005 Toyota Tacoma. It's a black, access cab with the 4-cylinder, 5-speed, and 4WD. It has the SR5 package, power locks, power windows, AC, cruise control, and keyless entry.

My dad is the original owner and asked me to sell it on his behalf. Here's the kicker, it has approximately 206,000 miles on it. My dad works in the DC area, but my family lives in Dayton, Ohio (about an hour north of Cincinnati, and an hour and a half west of Columbus). So nearly all of these miles are strictly highway miles. But to give you an idea of how easy this thing was driven, it's on only it's second set of brake pads, and it's third set of tires. It was rarely driven in 4WD (only in heavy snow), and was never taken off road to my knowledge. Just used to occasionally haul trash, boxes, etc around. Never used to tow anything either.

I replaced a bad front driver's side CV joint a few weeks ago. The only problems with it are some small dings in the door, along with a bad wheel bearing and a crack in the windshield. Maintenance was performed regularly, and I can find a fair amount of service records, but no where near all of them. All I can see that has been replaced in the AC condenser (and CV joint I replaced) along with regularly scheduled maintenance.

I'm pricing this well below what Edmunds, KBB, and NADA all say it should be worth, and I'm hoping to move this quick.

The price is $8,000 OBO. Shoot me a PM on here if you're interested or with any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 08-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
It's a very nice truck, and probably worth the $8k, but you might double check the "limited slip" thing. SR5 doesn't have an LSD, the Sport (in that year) was the only model that did, and it was a V6.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
MrH42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
It's a very nice truck, and probably worth the $8k, but you might double check the "limited slip" thing. SR5 doesn't have an LSD, the Sport (in that year) was the only model that did, and it was a V6.
Fixed, thanks!
Old 08-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrH42 View Post
Fixed, thanks!
You're most welcome! Again, GLWS. That'd be a perfect home improvement/small jobs truck for someone.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
Actually..Some SR5's did have the LS Diff, but from what I can find, its V6 engine drive trains that have it....

OP..Does the back of the diff have a red and wite sticker that says LS Diff oil only?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Actually..Some SR5's did have the LS Diff, but from what I can find, its V6 engine drive trains that have it....

OP..Does the back of the diff have a red and wite sticker that says LS Diff oil only?
Really? I didn't even know that was an option. I had never even heard that it was a stand-alone option. Consider me educated.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
MrH42's Tacoma Gallery
Bump!
Old 08-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
MrH42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

Didn't see it. Must not have an LSD then. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #9
KaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
Just thought I'd give you a bump - for being a small world. I grew up just south of Cinci (KY side) - and now live / work in DC (nova). I always drive back to see family. I feel your dad's pain. My new 2010 that I got in Feb already has 14k miles on it
Old 08-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #10
MrH42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBaL View Post
Just thought I'd give you a bump - for being a small world. I grew up just south of Cinci (KY side) - and now live / work in DC (nova). I always drive back to see family. I feel your dad's pain. My new 2010 that I got in Feb already has 14k miles on it
Thanks! Yeah, 206,000 miles on a 2005 is pretty crazy mileage. I just hunted down an F150 for him and now he's driving that back and forth. Loves the extra size and power, but hating the gas mileage right now.

Got a few interested buyers on craigslist, but nothing definitive yet. BUMP!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
looks clean for the miles. i think we found the highest miles on a 2nd gen