Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Looking For: XM RADIO BOX

Old 08-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Looking For: XM RADIO BOX

I am looking for the XM Radio Box and wires! I got the antenna and the button, but I need to box to get it to work! Anyone that just has one laying around or does not want to use theirs please let me take it off your hands!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
I want one too!
Old 08-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
matt z is on a distinguished road
matt z's Tacoma Gallery
Did you want an xm box that hooks up to the factory radio? Or just a stand-alone xm radio?
Old 08-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt z View Post
Did you want an xm box that hooks up to the factory radio? Or just a stand-alone xm radio?
He and I are both looking for the box that hooks up to the factory head unit
Old 08-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yep, I got the stereo, and the antenna...just need that stupid box to make it work
Old 08-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #8
Carolina_Boy
Carolina_Boy is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Columbia Fire/Rescue, Columbia SC.
Name: Brandon
Carolina_Boy's Tacoma Gallery
yeah id like one too for my 09 taco...
Old 08-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
scott504 will become famous soon enough
scott504's Tacoma Gallery
Search some of the older post on xm installs. Someone had a good write up with a link to a dealer in the SD area that sells them online at a good price. You will need the tuner(silver box) and the fit kit. I believe it was about $180 for the parts. The install was straight forward and not difficult at all, its all there in one of the earlier xm install threads with pics. It took about 45 minutes to do. Hope this helps.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance

yea i feel like I can do the install pretty easy! But I can not seem to find the products! I was hoping that someone has them on their truck and does not want them and I can then take them off their hand! Save them some weight and gas lol!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #12
wavjumpr is on a distinguished road
Marines: HMH-463,HMM-165,HMT-303
Name: Rick
wavjumpr's Tacoma Gallery
XM RADIO

Hello, I have had XM radio since they started, Pioneer came out with a radio about 5 years ago the first pioneer xm2go, has a built in fm transceiver in the radio, the secret is that the transceiver is very strong and the FCC made them and all other Satellite radio company's to cut the signal in half on all the newer models because it had too strong of a FM Transceiver. That is why you have to hook up a cable to your radio for the new ones to even work half decent. Now they sell them on Ebay and I have one in all my cars, my Tacoma as well, they come with a home and a car kit, they are also portable and come with a belt clip. If you stood outside your truck and had it in your pocket it would come over on your radio station you tuned it to loud and clear. Here is a pick and they sell on Ebay 40.00 used to 75.00 new. Jut thought I might help, When I take some picks of mine in my Tacoma I will post them.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking For:  XM RADIO BOX-xm1.jpg   Looking For:  XM RADIO BOX-xm2.jpg  
Old 09-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
virgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirgilus11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
virgilus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
bump
If you are still interested ??? I have a box and receiver for the stock radio. I upgrade the radio and I have the boxes sitting around but they are not really for free. I paid around $ 300 last year and I think they are still worth $ 100 plus shipping.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #16
Discount Tire Company
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
PM sent
DAMN IT! BUMP for me then... LOL
Old 09-27-2010, 08:11 AM   #17
Carolina Alliance

lol hey man, its my thread! You can not be stealing when someone offers it to me lol
Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #18
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
If I knew exactly what you were looking for I might have one laying around... Are you looking for one of the receivers that people buy aftermarket that plays through the FM stations? Or something else, I find myself confused?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #19
Carolina Alliance

We are looking for the tuner/harness kit that runs through the stock radio!

Check post 17 of this thread to see what we are looking for.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...eferrerid=4098

PM with details if you have anything since we are both looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
If I knew exactly what you were looking for I might have one laying around... Are you looking for one of the receivers that people buy aftermarket that plays through the FM stations? Or something else, I find myself confused?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #20
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Just checked. Sorry guys, not what I thought you were lookin for. I don't have one of those guys