Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: Uncut OEM accelerator pedal...

Old 08-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Uncut OEM accelerator pedal...

Anyone parting out a late model Tacoma that has an OEM accelerator pedal that has not been cut down...

I will buy it...cash...and pay shipping...

It must be an OEM for my 2010 SR5 Tacoma...or how far back in model years that is a direct fit will work? (I'm guessing 2005-2011...but I do not know)

I plan on checking the local auto junk yards...but figured I'd ask here 1st.

If you have one, please reply here or PM me.

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'm guessing they cut his and he doesn't like it. The pedal is going to be a bit pricey since there are electronics in it.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I'm guessing they cut his and he doesn't like it. The pedal is going to be a bit pricey since there are electronics in it.
Correct.

Electronics in it? I know it's drive by wire...but where are the electronics in the pedal? TIA

I bought the truck brand new 2 weeks ago...it was already cut by the dealer.

I'd like a non cut one if I can find one. I can live with the cut one if not.

Although, I'm getting Weathertech liners next week...I hope there are no issues there.

AND...I effin' hate political correctness...and that's all the cut pedal is.

"I fight authority, authority always wins
When I fight authority, authority always wins
I been doing it, since I was a young kid and I've come out grinnin'
When I fight authority, authority always wins"

Old 08-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Correct.

Electronics in it? I know it's drive by wire...but where are the electronics in the pedal? TIA

I bought the truck brand new 2 weeks ago...it was already cut by the dealer.

I'd like a non cut one if I can find one. I can live with the cut one if not.

Although, I'm getting Weathertech liners next week...I hope there are no issues there.

AND...I effin' hate political correctness...and that's all the cut pedal is.

"I fight authority, authority always wins
When I fight authority, authority always wins
I been doing it, since I was a young kid and I've come out grinnin'
When I fight authority, authority always wins"

So is this the so called recall on accelerator pedal fix?my Got a letter in the mail plus a call, stating I can bring in truck to get this fixed next week. If cutting the pedal is the fix, I pass. I have no issues with my pedal.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #8
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
Got my recall letter today in the mail. Is that what their answer is, Cut off the pedal? Sounds like the guys that made the poor suspension are also trying to solve the gas pedal problem too.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #10
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
I thought that if you weren't pleased with it to tell the dealer and they can order you one of the originals.
I don't think that is possible. They go down the "liability road"

I have heard of a new redesigned shorter pedal that may be available from Toyota for those not happy with the cut down job...if I seen one, I may go with that.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Black market pedal smugglers, Hmmmm