Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

16" TRD Wheels

Old 08-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
Yeah, there's a TSB for that!
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DrRabbitFurHead's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up 16" TRD Wheels

UPDATED PICS WITH THE TIRES REMOVED, THE WHEELS CLEANED AND WAXED AND LOOKIN' SHARP... SEE POST #16

I am selling a set of 4 OEM TRD Off Road wheels from my 2nd Gen Tacoma. The wheels have about 10K on them and they are in pretty good condition. I will include 25 OEM lug nuts (includes one spare). Price is $250 for pick up (or local buyer) and I will consider shipping but the buyer pays for shipping and insurance... estimated $80-$150. I don't have boxes and live at 24153 zipcode so you should be able to figure out shipping costs w/o dealing with tons of PM's. No TPMS included.

The tires will be removed prior to sale. The tread wore down real bad in ~10K miles due to not installing UCA's after my lift was installed. I tried to take high res pics, but the wheels are not washed or waxed because I haven't had the tires removed yet. I will clean them up really good before the sale.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
they look pretty much in great shape..any scratches or dings on them that i cant see in the pics?
Old 08-28-2010, 06:51 AM   #7
hoyta will become famous soon enoughhoyta will become famous soon enough
Navy: Aircrew rescue swimmer (AW)
Name: Adam
hoyta's Tacoma Gallery
how far are you from the Hampton roads area?
Old 08-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
DrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrRabbitFurHead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyta View Post
how far are you from the Hampton roads area?
From Camden, NC to Salem, VA it's about a 5.5 hour drive according to google maps. Shipping may not be too bad... check UPS.com and I'm at 24153.
PEACE!
Old 08-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
ethanw is on a distinguished road
ethanw's Tacoma Gallery
I just need the rims, don't care for the rubber. Cheaper on shipping as well.....How much?
Old 08-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
I just need the rims, don't care for the rubber. Cheaper on shipping as well.....How much?
Rubber goes in the trash soon. Rims are priced above ($250 + shipping if needed). Includes OEM lug nuts and up to 4 free spare lug nuts thrown in.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #11

Just had a great question... The single wheel in the first pic (bottom right side of the wheel) looks like there is a scratch on the rim. THIS IS NOT A SCRATCH. The wheels are dusty and this is just a bad reflection in the picture. I just washed that wheel, used wheel wax, cleaned it up and it looks perfect. Again, the wheels have ~10K miles on them, they've had tires mounted, they've been balanced and rotated, they've been removed, they've had the TPMS taken out and they still look ALMOST brand, spankin' new. Remember, these are hi-res pics in a house with iffy lighting after being stored for almost 2 years in my basement. When they are on a truck with tires mounted, washed and waxed and you're 2 feet away, they will look like 4 new wheels.

If they don't sell in the next few days, I'll get the rubber removed, get them washed and waxed and post up some super hi-res pics, taken outside on a sunny day. Just need to get my wife out of the hospital first.

Also, I have sold 2 sets of running boards, fog lights and a bumper skin as well as mud flaps, all to members of this forum... and all with great results. If you want/need referrals, I can provide...
Old 08-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #12
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
Im in Richmond...whats your best price on these?
Old 08-29-2010, 06:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDKenE View Post
Im in Richmond...whats your best price on these?
Considering the condition they're in, I'll hold at $250 for now. They've been selling for $250 strong for a good while now (which is down from upwards of $400 about a year or so ago when I should have sold them). Let me know if you're interested... I've had quite a few PM's but no one quite ready to pull the trigger yet.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:41 AM   #14
Discount Tire Company
Archangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shedArchangel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Matt
Archangel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRabbitFurHead View Post
Considering the condition they're in, I'll hold at $250 for now. They've been selling for $250 strong for a good while now (which is down from upwards of $400 about a year or so ago when I should have sold them). Let me know if you're interested... I've had quite a few PM's but no one quite ready to pull the trigger yet.

Thanks!
I sold mine on CL for $375, might be something to look into
Old 08-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
I sold mine on CL for $375, might be something to look into
Thanks for the tip. I was hoping for a quick and easy sale... turning out to be a little slower than I'd hoped. I may try Craigslist next.

Send me a PM with your add if you still have it!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #16

Exclamation UPDATED PHOTOS!!!

So my wife was released from the hospital today (yeah) and I took the day off to be with her. I dropped off my wheels/rims at the tire place this morning and just got back from picking them up. I washed them and gave them a light waxing.

Here are the most recent (and last) photos. Again, the wheels have ~10K miles on them. They have never been curbed and the only "defects" are straight from the factory (very slight imperfections). I took very close up, hi res pics to show every stinkin' detail. There are also some very small, light marks where the wheel weights were. They are so small that they can't be seen from 2-3 feet away. I really had to zoom in, use the flash, etc... just to get them to show up.

Here they are...

By being so damn anal, I'm afraid I'm making the wheels look worst than they actually are. Again, from 2-3 feet away, you can't see one of the "blemishes" or "wheel weight marks" that I've highlighted.

I'm sticking to $250 FIRM. No negotiating. I'll also sell them separately for $100 each. Buyer pays shipping.

I'm working with the local wheel/tire shop to get 4 boxes in the next few days to help out with shipping. I'm also posting these on Craigs List locally.

I also showed the condition of the lug nuts and am willing to throw in 4 extra lug nuts if the buyer wants to have a few spares.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:17 PM   #17
ethanw's Tacoma Gallery
Please give me the box dimension and weight with the rim. I will see what shipping arrangements I can make and if is all good I will take them off your hads.
I have a 2009 Tacoma extended cab. They should work, right? Thanks
Old 08-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #18

I'll try to double up the boxes so it's only 2 packages containing 2 boxes each. Each package should be about 20"x20"x18". Each package should weigh about 50lbs (including 2 boxes, packing materials, 2 wheels and 12 lug nuts) FYI, each wheel and 6 lug nuts weighed in at 23.0 lbs.

So, 2 packages, each weighing right about 50lbs and each package sized at 20"x20"x18" is a very close guess. I should have boxes available (for free - to save the buyer shipping expenses) in the next day or two.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #20
ethanw's Tacoma Gallery
I am getting shipping quotes now, unless you know someone driving to Texas :-)

Can you ask your postoffice how much for the two packages to 77479 ? Cheapest way possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRabbitFurHead View Post
They WILL work, for sure.