Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FJ Rims - what's the current going price?

Old 08-29-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
FJ Rims - what's the current going price?

I have been looking around for some FJ rims for my Tacoma - just the plain aluminum rims - and all the prices I'm seeing are from $350 and up to $500. Now I understand they aren't cheap when new - but wtf? I'm just wanting to see if the prices around Central Texas are just out of balance or if I'm just a cheap-ass.

Here's a set (4 rollers plus spare) I found in Austin for $425.
http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/1922489167.html
Old 08-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
I have been looking around for some FJ rims for my Tacoma - just the plain aluminum rims - and all the prices I'm seeing are from $350 and up to $500. Now I understand they aren't cheap when new - but wtf? I'm just wanting to see if the prices around Central Texas are just out of balance or if I'm just a cheap-ass.

Here's a set (4 rollers plus spare) I found in Austin for $425.
http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/1922489167.html

350 for a set of 4 is actually a really good deal. I paid a little over 400 for mine shipped, but I got the Antracite TRD wheels.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
grdnrxr is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
grdnrxr's Tacoma Gallery
I scored a set at the beginning of the year. They were all 5 w/ tires, only a few hundred miles on them. $600
Old 08-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
people want $1000+ for them up here
Old 08-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by grdnrxr View Post
I scored a set at the beginning of the year. They were all 5 w/ tires, only a few hundred miles on them. $600

did you swap out your spare tire for the 5th one? any problems fitting it up there, or attatching it to the spare drop/lift bar chain?
Old 08-29-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Wow... sounds like I'm a cheap-ass. I passed up on a set (with spare) last week for $350. Thanks for the feedback guys - at least I know now that I shouldn't be so cheap about them.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #7
grdnrxr is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
grdnrxr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet View Post
did you swap out your spare tire for the 5th one? any problems fitting it up there, or attatching it to the spare drop/lift bar chain?
I got 4 tires and 5 wheels, I used the factory spare on the FJ wheel , fit just fine..
Old 08-30-2010, 04:59 AM   #8
hm good to know, thanks!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:45 AM   #9
TexasTaco14 is on a distinguished road
TexasTaco14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet View Post
350 for a set of 4 is actually a really good deal. I paid a little over 400 for mine shipped, but I got the Antracite TRD wheels.

I've been looking at trying to find some of those, but everywhere I look is either really expensive or they're sold out. Where'd you get such a good deal on them?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:29 AM   #10
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
There's a set for 200 in the NY CL.

Here:
http://watertown.craigslist.org/pts/1856062498.html
Old 08-30-2010, 06:38 AM   #11
TexasTaco14 is on a distinguished road
TexasTaco14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightcancled View Post
There's a set for 200 in the NY CL.

Here:
http://watertown.craigslist.org/pts/1856062498.html

Those are just the standard FJ wheels. I'm trying to find the Anthracite TRD wheels he mentioned above. They are almost impossible to come by. Thanks for the post though, I'm sure someone on here would want those for sure.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:09 AM   #12
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Im thinking about just stealin a set off this Yellow FJ in the neighborhood.. they got BFG ATs on them.. and all she ever does is go mall crawlin
Old 08-30-2010, 07:35 AM   #13
TacomaGRG is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
TacomaGRG's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $500. for 4 w/practically new tires. The guy was asking $600. $350. is a steal!

Old 08-30-2010, 07:40 AM   #14
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
For the stock alloys, I've been watching them periodically over the last year. They seem to go for around $400 a set +/-, so it seems normal.

Only thing I didn't like was that by the time I got something bought, shipped and mounted/TPMS'd (400+100+100) it was quite expensive, plus since I have 16" wheels/tires now, a tire upgrade would need to be added. Just didn't compute. I ended up with some discount tire wheels that were $440, bought and mounted.

Still prefer the stock FJ wheels look though, hence why I keep an eye out. One of these days I'll find a deal.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:55 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTaco14 View Post
I've been looking at trying to find some of those, but everywhere I look is either really expensive or they're sold out. Where'd you get such a good deal on them?
I got them and had posted the website where I got them for that price. Then like 80 other tacoma world members called/tried to order online. I apparently ordered the last set, and then the other said 40 members started going to all other websites/places, and now they are like impossible to come by. The website I got them from, i think it was shoptrd.com, now jacked up the price to like 350 a wheel...you now also need a vin from an fj cruiser to get them. It's a bit ridiculous. The silver colored ones however are still readily available and you can get them for about 120 a pop shipped.