Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

FS: PITA Satoshi - Unfinished - Cheap!

Old 09-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
FS: PITA Satoshi - Unfinished - Cheap!

SOLD!!!

Updated 8 Jan 2011

So I recently returned from a short deployment and what do I find waiting for me upon my return? A big ass box marked "return to sender". Could it be? No it couldn't be. Oh but it is. It's the return of the pain in the ass Satoshi and this is it's story:

Back in September I sold this thing to a guy up in Canada. Everything went smooth until the day it showed back up to my door sometime in October with "return to sender" marked all over it. Did I make a mistake? Did I ship it to the wrong address? Did the Canadian postal officials not understand the concept of a Satoshi and decided to return it due to their own frustrations? No, the guy simply "didn't make it to the post office" so it was returned to me.

Ok so I'll give it another shot I don't mind shipping again. Wait a second, this guy doesn't understand why he should pay for me shipping it back up there. Is he serious? As good of an excuse just not making it to the post office is, the entertainment value alone isn't worth $34 to me. So he sees where I'm coming from and pays for the 2nd round of shipping. Shortly after shipping it out I get a message that the individual in question sold his truck and no longer needs the grille. Well that's good and all but it's in the mail so...enjoy the grille. He doesn't fight it and realizes there's not much I can do. He says he'll may end up just finishing up the grille and try flipping it to break even, sounds good to me. End of October I leave for my trip and all is well.

I get back from my trip a few days ago and there's a big ass box sitting in my house. Holy balls, the Satoshi found it's way back to me once again. Stamped all over it "return to sender" and "moved". I send several emails to this guy with no responses. Try calling up the number associated with his Paypal account but it ends up being the house number of the place he moved out of. I started to look up prices on carrier pigeons and come up with plan to send a few of them north this summer but after thinking about it I realized they won't know where the hell to go. Probably just end up at the old address I have for the guy. What good does that do me? Now the new guy in the house has a couple birds that he feeds during his down time while he sits out on his back porch. Sure that little relaxing activity will last until winter comes but what then? Canadian winter? Those birds are done for, I'm pricing this birds from a guy in Arizona and there's no way they can adjust to that kind of climate change.

So here it is again, one unfinished Satoshi with abandonment issues that has been North of the border twice. For only $130 you can give this grille (along with it's mesh) the home it deserves. This price includes all processing fees and delivery to your door.

--- End Update ---

For Sale - One pain in the ass unfinished Satoshi

I'm tired of the bondo dust and smells of chemicals filling my garage, I'm done doing these things. My frustration is your gain.

This is a 2 piece grille, the front piece has stayed in the box the entire time I've been working on the other piece and looks new. The mesh is small hexagonal mesh from customcargrills.com.

The fiberglassing is done and the majority of the bondo work. Needs additional sanding and probably some spot work done with a little bondo. I just can't get this thing smoothed out and am tired of looking at the damn thing. Time for me to move onto another series of projects.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns just let me know.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
doesn't look that bad dude, just finish it.
Take a break for a day or 2 and then get back too it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rAHnwWfsaY?fs=1
Old 09-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah bro.. you are so close. Try giving it a rest for a few days then hit it again.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
will you ship just the mesh?
or get off your ass and finish it
Old 09-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Thanks for the motivation guys, I'm going to leave it posted for a week or so and see what happens.

If this thing doesn't move then I'll get off my ass and finish it once and for all.

I figure someone will want to save the $100 or so just by having to do some sanding.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #6
like a boss
middiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shedmiddiedefense is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security
Name: Joe
middiedefense's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to middiedefense
If I hadn't just paid a $331 ticket...
Old 09-06-2010, 10:15 AM   #7

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
where is the aligning peice..and the clips on the bottom??

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, everything is there.

Both clips are there and you can clearly see the one on right side of the picture, look at the bottom of the grille where it curves up and right above the blue tape is the clip, both are there.

The aligning piece is there as well. Bottom of the grille, right in the center.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #8

Air Force:
Someone, anyone, take this thing off my hands.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #9

Air Force:
Just a heads up, have a trip for work coming up. Will definitely be able to ship this grille tomorrow and possibly Thursday, after that it'll be about a week before I can ship again.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #11

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
How is 190 cheap? You can get a painted grill for 170 shipped
The fact that $190 includes shipping and it's going to cost up to $30 to ship the box this thing requires and then $55 piece of mesh that comes along with this grille.

Also, how I just sold a finished Satoshi similar to this one for $280, and this one just requires some sanding.

That's how $190 is cheap.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #12
TacoMagnum is on a distinguished road
TacoMagnum's Tacoma Gallery
I mean i agree 190 is steep. id offer 150 shipped.

PM me if your interested
Old 09-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #13
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMagnum View Post
I mean i agree 190 is steep. id offer 150 shipped.

PM me if your interested
8 post and ur already shitting in ppls threads?

free bump! good luck with sale Reznor
Old 01-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #14

Air Force:
Return to sender bump.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #15
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Tempting...I should have the money within the next week or two if you could wait
Old 01-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #16
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Is that a BSP grille?
Old 01-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #17
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe it wants to come up north again .

Hmmm .... thinking
Old 01-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #18
Kwickss is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Kwickss's Tacoma Gallery
I'll bite
Old 01-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #19
zeuz519 is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
zeuz519's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested pm me the details....

Thanks,
Robert
Old 01-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #20

Air Force:
Pending sale but not gone yet.