Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB-1984-88 pickup, 6 ft bed, Blue

Old 09-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Just the bed is all Im looking for if you were wondering.
Know any good salvage yards where you can look up parts on line?

thanks Doc Brown. Its a little too far away from me here in Iowa, But may be worth looking anyway.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
Yota Doc
DocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to allDocBrown86 is a name known to all

Name: Brian
DocBrown86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Just the bed is all Im looking for if you were wondering.
Know any good salvage yards where you can look up parts on line?

http://sdminitruck.com/

EDIT: oops, you were looking for a catalogue. Since you know what you want, try giving em a call.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
I tried to find a used bed for my '88 but never had any luck. If you did find one in good condition, it would probably be on the west coast and shipping would be brutal. There used to be a company in canada that made full fiberglass beds with internal metal plates that were stronger than the stock steel beds. If only I could remember the name.......
Old 09-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
1984-88 years were all the same.
Not true. There were 2 different types of beds. The 2x4 beds had hooks on the top outside of the bed, a ridge along the wheel opening and, I believe, external tailgate clamps, while the 4x4 models had the plain flat side beds.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:01 AM   #6
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
Not true. There were 2 different types of beds. The 2x4 beds had hooks on the top outside of the bed, a ridge along the wheel opening and, I believe, external tailgate clamps, while the 4x4 models had the plain flat side beds.
oh yeah, I forgot to put that it is a 4x4. I forget that not all our trucks are 4 wheel drive. thanks for the addition. May have found one without a tail gate in Colorado.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:20 AM   #7

Sweet! Even when I lived in Phoenix/Las Vegas, it was hard finding one in acceptable shape!! Either iit would be rusty or beat to hell. It really makes me mad that if it weren't for the rust, my '88 would be in excellent condition. If you do find one, I highly recommend putting a few coats of rhino lining/line-x on the entire underside and inside of the bed! .
Old 09-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #8
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
just an option

http://www.bgfiberglassusa.com/

never deal with rust again

Justin