Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

F/S Silver color matched grill

Old 09-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
F/S Silver color matched grill

I have a color matched grill (was stock chrome) for sale, that came off my 2005 TRD offroad. I'm selling it because I bought a 09 one and like it better with the grey center.

I specifically followed the threads here on TW for instructions. Basic layers are: scuff/sand chrome, adhesive promoter x 3, primer x 3, sand, paint x 3, clear x 3. I used Krylon Fusion and genuine Taco paint from online sellers.
Silver Streak Mica.

After painting the grill, I taped it off and painted the center portion black.

The grill came out pretty good, it looks great on the truck.

Issues I have:

1.) It is rough to the touch. It does not feel as smooth as it can be. I did not finish it off with wax or anything (didn't get around to it yet).

2.) Up close near the small black mesh sides & junction with the grill surround, you can see some inconsistent paint. This is where when i taped it off, there was still some over spray that got underneath. I had to do touch up work with a brush.

Some closeup shots of mesh triangles.

Notice : Top pic is before touch up

Sale details:
It comes with the 2 plastic clips.
It does NOT come with an emblem.
Local sale is preferred, shipping will be paid by buyer.

Shipping quote info:
Box size is 42.5 inches long X 8.5 inches X 15 inches
Wt is 7 lbs

Price
$60.00 plus shipping.

Thanks for looking
Old 09-19-2010, 07:12 AM   #2
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
More Pics:

and one shot of my taco

Old 10-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #5

USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Potential buyer has not responded, so....up for sale again $50+ shipping

EMAIL me your addy or zip and i will get an accurate shipping cost via UPS.