Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Retrofit Projector lights

Old 10-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
carolinataco is on a distinguished road
carolinataco's Tacoma Gallery
Retrofit Projector lights

Completed these 3 weeks ago and now i want to do another set so i can have the halos and audi style lights. Didnt get them the first time cause i didnt think i would like the look with the halos and audi light.... changed my mind. SOOO... Im looking to trade your stocker(good condition) + cash these for these bad boys. I will include the 5000K bulbs(D2S) and the adapters so you can connect them to any aftermarket ballast. I only had the 5000k bulbs in for 2 days and have been running Philips bulbs since(Im keeping them for the next set).

Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini (D2S)

$220 + Shipping + YOUR stock lights

The night pics dont do them much justice. Also they could use some fine tuning(aiming)

LOW Beam:

HIGH Beam:

Low:

High:
Old 10-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ramon
xroller's Tacoma Gallery
who is the retro fits from? So I will need HID's for these or are you including them? Sorry I just didn't quite understand what you meant by the last sentence.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xroller View Post
who is the retro fits from? So I will need HID's for these or are you including them? Sorry I just didn't quite understand what you meant by the last sentence.
The Kit is from The Retrofit Sourse. You will just the Ballasts and wiring harness for the Ballasts.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
so If I have ballast already..... Will mine work? What bulb size is it? H4?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
Quote:
so If I have ballast already..... Will mine work? What bulb size is it? H4?
Yea you are set. You just need to install and plug in. Its D2S bulbs but im including the adapters. and they are Bi-xeon.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
Blowin by em sideways

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm............ Mine have the BHLM on them....
Old 10-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
Quote:
hmmm............ Mine have the BHLM on them....
Send me some pics.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #8
Blowin by em sideways

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
mmk..... send me your email. i'll send them tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
Wednesday bump.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
erion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant futureerion109 has a brilliant future

Army: 1/145 AVN REG
Name: Jayson
erion109's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in the lights and I have stockers to trade. I'm new to this, so I went to theretrofitsource.com to check out pricing and the kit is $120. Please don't be offended, but what is the value in $220 plus exchange plus freight? I'm just curious and may want to swap pending the information you provide me. I have DDM H4's in now, so I'm assuming these will work with the lights?

Thanks,
Jayson
Old 06-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #12
Blowin by em sideways

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
Are these still for sale? If they are let me know. Thanks
Old 06-23-2011, 10:56 PM   #13
jimk75 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jimi
jimk75's Tacoma Gallery
How does the high beam work? Does the low beam sit correct so it does not blind people?
Old 06-24-2011, 05:29 AM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by erion109 View Post
I'm interested in the lights and I have stockers to trade. I'm new to this, so I went to theretrofitsource.com to check out pricing and the kit is $120. Please don't be offended, but what is the value in $220 plus exchange plus freight? I'm just curious and may want to swap pending the information you provide me. I have DDM H4's in now, so I'm assuming these will work with the lights?

Thanks,
Jayson
Not to thread jack but figured I'd help the OP... there is a lot of work to make these. You have to buy the kit from the retrofit source, tear apart the stock lights, mount up the new shrouds within the existing housing and reseal everything. The retrofit source kit is not plug and play and requires a few hours worth of work to produce this final product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimk75 View Post
How does the high beam work? Does the low beam sit correct so it does not blind people?
There is a cut off shroud if you will within the projector assembly. When you hit the high beams, the shroud moves to allow more light past. It's like taking your hand and covering the bottom part of a flashlight lens, then the high beams would be like removing your hand from the lens to allow more light through.