Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Complete Audio Setup for Tacoma - Polk, Alpine, Stinger, TacoTunes

Old 10-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chase
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Complete Audio Setup for Tacoma - Polk, Alpine, Stinger, TacoTunes

I've decided not to complete the install of my audio setup, just purchased less than 90 days ago and the only thing I've installed are the mids (didn't even install the full component system.

This is for a complete setup to upgrade the audio in your truck. I bought it all with the intent of installing, but I've since decided that I don't really listen to "music" enough to justify the upgrade - however I don't want to lose too much $$$ by re-selling it either so this is a feeler.

This set includes:

Polk Audio SR6500 Component speakers - these are top of the line and retail for $799.99 and usually sell on ebay in the $400+ range for a used set. These are used, but have been tested, the 6.5's are actually installed right now in my truck - just hooked them up two days ago and they sound GREAT - and that is without an amp hooked up!

Alpine PDX-2.150 - this is brand new and hasn't even been taken out of the box. I did open it to ensure the contents and there is a "factory certified" sheet showing the amp tested at 171 watts x 2 (RMS). (Retails for $300)

Stinger SHK681 Amp Kit - Top of the line amp kit and perfect for this amp. It is rated to handle amps up to 600 watts. (Paid nearly $60 (shipped) for this from eBay). This has been opened but none of the wires have been used/cut/spliced!

Taco-Tunes HDP 6.5" brackets and tweeter brackets custom cut to fit this component set. Also included are the bolts needed for the install and factory adapter wires (I am using them now to run the 6.5"s while I was waiting for the amp to come in) - my total from Taco-Tunes was $97.00 for these installation items.

There you have the complete list. I will try to take additional pictures if needed.

I have approximately $800 invested in this setup and am asking for $725 shipped! Local pick-up and/or a cash/money-order/certified check deal would be cheaper as I'd save on PayPal fees!

Old 10-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Bump, will consider trades.

Currently interested in finding a mountain bike (can add cash if needed), bike hitch, TRD exhaust, TRD CAI, and open to considering anything of equal value!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
mxracer244 is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
mxracer244's Tacoma Gallery
Interested in separating? Interested in the Polks.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
One final bump. I am going to go ahead and install the amp either Wednesday evening or Sunday if nothing comes up. I've decided to go ahead and also order the TRD CAI tomorrow as well...

I just can't stop modding, haha.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
kyzmyss is on a distinguished road
kyzmyss's Tacoma Gallery
Do you want a road bike? I have one and would be willing to trade it + cash for your setup.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #10
meantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeantaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andres
meantaco's Tacoma Gallery
how much do you want for the amp?
Old 11-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #11
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
One final bump, I've decided I'll break it up instead of selling as a set if needed.

I'll go $350 on the speakers (will include Taco-Tunes adapters)
and I'll go $220 on the amp (will include the Stinger kit)

Will sell both for $500! Great setup for the money!
Old 11-27-2010, 11:25 AM   #12
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
The speakers are now sold thanks to FeeBay (got $415 shipped for them!).

I'll go $200 on the amp w/wiring kit & if anyone needs to the Taco-Tunes speaker brackets I'll let them go for $30 shipped!