Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Wanted, Factory overload leaf spring

Old 10-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wanted, Factory overload leaf spring

Anyone have a set of these lying around for a 05+ Taco?

I put on a 3-leaf AAL kit, and now it's sagging... unfortunately, I tossed my overload leaf springs, and wish I had kept 'em.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest, I doubt your going to have much luck... Maybe try in a junk yard? Pretty much anything from an import truck should work, as long as the width and center pin are the right size. Maybe a 4runner? http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...ng-toyota.html
Old 10-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
eltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud ofeltaco has much to be proud of
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure that you're right... it's a fat chance, but worth a shot.

Littleton, eh? I'm in Denver.

Not gonna pay $150 for rear leafs. The only reason I need the overload is because I am sagging slightly. I'll go with a 1" block if I fail to find overloads.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:41 AM   #5
Taco Member
Sky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud of

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer
Name: Brandon
Sky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
Anyone have a set of these lying around for a 05+ Taco?

I put on a 3-leaf AAL kit, and now it's sagging... unfortunately, I tossed my overload leaf springs, and wish I had kept 'em.
Witch 3-leaf aal kit did you put on... and for the sag.... were you towing with it
Old 10-13-2010, 06:31 AM   #6
Army:
eltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Not going to dog these leaf springs... they improved my ride dramatically. I think the problem is that I put 'em on with TSB leafs, and it sounds as though I'm the only one who's ever had a problem.

I don't do any towing, but I did load my bed for a 150-mi trip... maybe that did it?

At any rate, wish I wouldn't have thrown the overloads. Angry noises.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
Taco Member
Sky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud ofSky has much to be proud of

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer
Name: Brandon
Sky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
Not going to dog these leaf springs... they improved my ride dramatically. I think the problem is that I put 'em on with TSB leafs, and it sounds as though I'm the only one who's ever had a problem.

I don't do any towing, but I did load my bed for a 150-mi trip... maybe that did it?

At any rate, wish I wouldn't have thrown the overloads. Angry noises.
Who's leaf springs
Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
Chachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shedChachie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Chachie's Tacoma Gallery
I was just going to scrap my stockers, you want the thick leaf on the bottom right?