1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feeler-FS 99' Ext Cab Tacoma 4wd 5spd V6

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by CrunchyTaco99, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Oct 19, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    CrunchyTaco99

CrunchyTaco99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Tacoma
    33x12.50 Pro Comp M/T's All-Pro Coils, UCA and 3" leafs.
    I wanted to put a feeler/early thread out on my truck which will be ready to sell by the end of the month.

It is a 99 Tacoma Ext Cab, V6, 5spd 4wd. $8500 obo in North Georgia
    -white
    -moonroof
    -cruise control
    -pwr windows
    -pwr locks
    -164k miles

Good-
    Clean carfax. It will have 16" TRD star-spoke wheels with 90% A/T tires (stock size) from my new 03 TRD. It will also have leafs, shocks and coils off of the 03' which only have 54k miles on them. Cold AC. Motor still runs great, consumes no oil. New CV's, steering rack, uca, sway bar bushings from energy suspension 5k miles ago. 1 piece drive shaft with 800 miles. Despite the mods I have on it, the truck has only been off-road approx 5 times in the 4 years I have had it, always power lines. No deep mud. No rust.

Bad-
    It is a non-TRD but has TRD stickers on it from other owner. Paint is lacking any big scratches but it is dull; like the clear coat is gone? Never have put new water pump in it. Rear glass lock is broke. Center console has jury rigger-hinges (works though). Crack in front windshield all the way across bottom. Dent behind passenger door (hope to get pulled out before sell.) Aftermarket CD player cuts off with bumps due to some electrical problem. Broken driver side brake light lens (glued back together).

What do ya'll think? I know my asking price is over blue book but I just paid over blue book on my new one because these trucks are getting so rare. It has quite a few little small problems like the cracked windshield and broken rear glass latch but also has a lot of newer parts.

This isn't a must sell and I love this truck too much to sell it for nothing!

*I will get more pics ASAP but it is currently being taken apart in the garage switching the lift over. I have some pics of when I first bought it but can't get them to upload??? If this is a problem, mods feel free to delete and I will repost when I get the photos this weekend.

2. Oct 19, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    CrunchyTaco99

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Tacoma
    These are the only pics I currently have. Lift is not included. It will have stock TRD suspension and 31X10.50s on 16" wheels.

3A.jpg
    4A.jpg

3. Oct 19, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    I would just keep it. Maybe make it into a trail rig. :D

4. Oct 20, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    CrunchyTaco99

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Tacoma
    Are you saying my asking price is too high? I plan on turning the 03' into a DD/mild trail truck so I have no need for 2 tacomas. I thought it might sell for a decent price cause I paid almost double that for the same kind of truck but 4 years newer and less miles and better shape! It is a feeler, so I just wanted to see if there is any interest at this price. I see mint models with no new parts for 10-11k. I have already replaced most of the parts that wear out. What is a good starting price for one of these in fair to good condition?

5. Oct 20, 2010 at 4:36 PM
    tacomacntry

tacomacntry Joe's Auto Detail

Member:
    North East Florida
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out SR5 4x4
    K&N Cold air Cat back custom dual exhaust
    Id keep it too! I got a 99, I don't know if you'll get 8500, but don't cut yourself short, let it sit for a bit and the right person comes along would not mind spending that much! Trust me! haha my 99 is my second Tacoma this year, I spent a year previous to this finding the 96 that I just sold over the summer, people are looking for specifics, hold onto it if you don't get what you want for it..sentimental!

6. Oct 21, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.

Yeah your price is to high, I wouldn't pay more than $5k for your truck......but that's just me. I wouldn't even look for a 99. I would be more interested in a 1997. But anyway, you should really keep it unless you really need the money. Even then, if you really think it's worth your asking price.....then stick to your guns when some asks about it, tell them everything you know and you have done (this might actually help your case with your asking price). If your looking to sell to payoff r reduce your 03 that's probably a good idea. But if you don't really need the money I would just keep it. :D

My reasons for keeping an extra truck.
    1. You might need a beater for odd jobs/hunting.
    2. You can make it into a trail rig.
    3. Your daily driver might go down.
    4. It's just cool to have 2 Toyotas.

FYI: I own 4 (1979 4WD Pickup, 1988 4WD 4Runner, 1993 4WD Pickup, 2006 4WD DC TRD). If the price were right on a 97, I'd have that too! :eek:

7. Oct 21, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    Its worth more than 5k

Keep the price where it is and just see what happens. You can always drop it later.

8. Oct 21, 2010 at 9:33 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    It's actually between 5K - 6K. But I wouldn't pay more than 5K. :D

Also, what is the mileage (this is messing up my numbers)......I know it's not 54K because that's what is on your 03.

9. Oct 21, 2010 at 2:31 PM
    CrunchyTaco99

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Tacoma
    Yeah, there is no way I would sell this truck for $5K! I understand the value of a truck depreciates over time but it is not linear line, there is a point where a 15 y/o truck is not worth much more than a 20 y/o truck!

KBB has some really crappy values. New vehicles are valued out the ass and older ones are worthless! They rate my new truck at $12K but my bank valued it at $17k!

Very Large, I would like to keep this truck but I already have a 86' pickup that my dad bought new and I have had since 16. I have plans for it and it has more sentimental value than this one.

I am just going to sit on this one and wait and see. I am sure that someone who wants one of these in good mechanical condition will be willing to pay more that 5k.

10. Oct 21, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    I paid 8k for my 01 with 146k (mint condition) in august 2008. I also live in a different area so prices will vary, plus I got a really good deal on it since my grandfather is a used car salesman and could get it wholesale.

just FYI

11. Oct 21, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Good luck with the Sale, you'll probably have to sit on it for a while........especially since there are so many deals on new cars right now and the economy sucks.

I would suspect that if the right person comes along......he might give you what you want but then again who knows............:D.

The one thing you have going is that these trucks (at least the older ones) do keep their value and we properly made. I think KBB "PRIVATE PARTY" sale with 132k (I estimated your miles) Limited Edition (which I'm not sure yours is but this was the top of the line they had) still came out with a range between 5k-6k. A savy buyer will have this in hand or will at least look at this information before making an offer. Not sure if you looked at this but at least it's a good starting point. (Some people wont care about extras.....but again a savy buyer will want to know everything about the truck.....when the last fuel filter was replaced, has the differential oil been changed, has it had major work done, has the timing belt, water pump been replaced, etc.).

I know I'd ask all those questions and depending on the answers I would make an offer or walk away. :D

12. Oct 22, 2010 at 8:23 PM
    tacomacntry

tacomacntry Joe's Auto Detail

Member:
    North East Florida
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out SR5 4x4
    K&N Cold air Cat back custom dual exhaust
    just let it ride for a bit, youll find a buyer for it! It's worth it!

13. Oct 23, 2010 at 6:07 AM
    R.etheridge

R.etheridge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Middle GA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    If you dropped it to $7500 that thing wouldnt last through the weekend. I had a 98 and wish I still did! like stated above, my 03 goes for 10k privite party sell but I could get 14-15k for it right now because of the condition and the factor of supply and demand. Your year model is as much if not more rare to find in good condition and hasnt been ragged out by some kid than mine is. If it was auto you could get $8,500 maybe even $9 with the work you have done. If i could afford it, I would keep it but if you gotta sell, dont take under $7500 because its worth every bit of that IMO.

14. Oct 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    CrunchyTaco99

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    99 TRD Tacoma
    Thanks Ryan,

I wanted to start a little high so I can go down in price. $7500 would still be fine with me but wanted to see if I could get more. These trucks are worth a lot more than KBB credits them as long as the right person is looking. I drove 1400 miles round trip to look at one I didn't buy and drove 500 miles round trip twice for the new one I got and that was after looking for 3 months! There isn't a lot of these trucks left!

BTW, the bushing kit I bought from you really improved the ride and steering of this truck!

Semper

Products Discussed in

To Top