Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Feeler

Old 10-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
tacomazach has a spectacular aura abouttacomazach has a spectacular aura about

Name: Zach
tacomazach's Tacoma Gallery
Feeler

I'm thinking about possibly selling my truck to upgrade to an 01-04 double cab 4x4 trd. How much do ya'll think I could get for it?

99 prerunner
2.5in lift
recently changed brakes all around
black toolbox
cobra cb and steel whip antenna
towing package
replaced lights with aftermarkets except third brake light
uws black nerf bars
dick cepek dc2 rims
dayton timberline mt tires
10in pioneer and 2 tweeters
250 wt amp
alpine deck
tinted windows
bug guard
vent shades
bedliner
body is in great condition

the only things wrong with it is the fuel door lock does not work and there is a dent in the rear bumper that was there when I bought it.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
2000yotaSS is on a distinguished road

Name: Drew
2000yotaSS's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles? engine? size? auto or manual?
Old 10-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #3

dang. knew I forgot something
166xxx miles
2.7 4cyl
auto transmisson

I just refuse to believe what kbb says is all I can get for it.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:36 PM   #4

anyone? maybe with knowledge in sales?
oh and it also has a security system...
Old 10-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #5
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
kbb...

I have been learning not to rely on KBB or NADA for anything more than a guide. A dealer tries to pay in line with what these guides will tell them, but it isnt always the case. They may buy a car and allow for unexpected repairs, but sometimes it isnt enought. That is why a dealer will offer you a value for a your trade in that is less than what KBB or NADA will value a trade in at.

Even though it is a rare and coveted car, the Toyota Supra sells for thousands more than what KBB or NADA list the value at. These valuation companies dont always reflect what actual market value is. The problem is this is what banks use to determine loan value. But true market value is what a willing and able buyer and seller are willing to trade for.

I dont know what to tell you about the accessories you've added onto your truck, but for what you can part out and sell, I would start with that. I would list stuff on the boards, or keep what you can keep for your next truck. You need to determine what you are willing to accept in the purchase and then go from there. People will haggle you over price and throw all kinds of thoughtless B.S. at you to try to get you to drop the price. I had a Honda CRX that I swapped out the motor for a higher HP lower mileage JDM VTEC motor in it. Before I sold it, some lady offered me below private party value saying she didnt care about the motor...Really? Well, I could pull the motor out for ya if you'd like...How bout if I just give you the car free. Would you be ok with it then Maam? Yeah, I sent her truckin away.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #6
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
also, you have wear and tare on your accessories, so you have to set a reasonable price for those items. Your gonna lose 33-66% of the value you paid on those accessories and it depends on how old the mods are as well. Hope this helps.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #7
db2 is on a distinguished road
db2's Tacoma Gallery
I just sold my 2000 Tacoma v6 xtracab with 135k miles for $1000 over KBB. but it was immaculate. KBB is a good guide, just not perfect.