Notices

WANTED- FOG LIGHT SWITCH

Old 10-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
TFreeman is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Tim
TFreeman's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation WANTED- FOG LIGHT SWITCH

I am looking for an OEM fog light switch so I can pop out the extra cover on my dashboard and put in the new one. I want to add some KC fog lights but I don't like the generic toggle switch that came with the kit. I have called around to junk yards and other Toyota OEM online stores but no one carries it ! PLEASE HELP !

Tim
Old 10-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen them on ebay from time to time. The dealer sells it for about $70.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
If you buy the aftermarket fogs off of eBay, they usually come with an OEM switch (I put some on an '08, and it came with a 1st gen switch and they sent me a 05+ switch for free). Going that route you'll be able to mount the fog lights in the proper factory position utilizing factory mounting points, AND get a switch too. I'd return the KC kit IMHO.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Usually the switch that comes with ebay kits is not like the stock switch. Be careful!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:28 AM   #5
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Hilux View Post
I've seen them on ebay from time to time. The dealer sells it for about $70.
$70! What dealer you buying from? I bought 2 factory fog switches for 12.00 each to run my hella's. They fit perfect in the factory blanks
Old 10-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfTaco View Post
That's not the factory fog light switch. Obviously you can buy switches for less than $70 but if you want the OEM switch from a dealer it costs $$$$.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #8
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i bought that exact switch for my fog light set up 2 weeks ago from the local toyota dealer. pretty sure it's oem. cost me $18 after tax!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
i bought that exact switch for my fog light set up 2 weeks ago from the local toyota dealer. pretty sure it's oem. cost me $18 after tax!
I believe it's the FJ cruiser switch. The OEM fog light switch for our Tacoma's are upwards of $50 from a dealership.

Not doubting it looks good in the factory slot, but if you've already got the OEM switch for fogs and want to add a switch for off road lights next to it, some people want them to match. Probably a better option to buy 2 FJ switches vs one Tacoma switch... sadly
Old 10-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #11
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a place called rockauto.com has them.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wf
Old 10-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #12
msaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of light
msaniac's Tacoma Gallery
You can find them on ebay for 20 bucks. They are rarely found so I bout enough to fill up all the blanks should I have a use for them in the future. Just keep on the hunt for them on ebay and they'll show up eventually.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #13

84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
$70 is the price at the Canadian dealers. $50 for the switch + shipping + the FU Canadians factor that is added = $70.

I have also seen them on ebay for around $20. Another good ebay purchase is the stock fog light relay- I got one for $10. From the dealer- Canada $67!

Almost like the dealer does not want you to add fogs by yourself!

Old 10-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #14
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I believe it's the FJ cruiser switch. The OEM fog light switch for our Tacoma's are upwards of $50 from a dealership.

Not doubting it looks good in the factory slot, but if you've already got the OEM switch for fogs and want to add a switch for off road lights next to it, some people want them to match. Probably a better option to buy 2 FJ switches vs one Tacoma switch... sadly

You are correct, it is sad! The oem switch runs $53... for a switch!! I've seen a few wrecks taco's on the back of flat beds going to the junkyard... maybe i'll just follow em (try and jack the XM radio too!)
Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #15
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Hilux View Post
$70 is the price at the Canadian dealers. $50 for the switch + shipping + the FU Canadians factor that is added = $70.

I have also seen them on ebay for around $20. Another good ebay purchase is the stock fog light relay- I got one for $10. From the dealer- Canada $67!

Almost like the dealer does not want you to add fogs by yourself!

This is the exact switch I need! How about I send you some FJ switches or a bottle of some great Tennesse whiskey for your switch
Old 10-27-2010, 03:35 AM   #16

84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Tempting- but as I said it was $70 for this switch. I don't want to got through that again!!
Old 10-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #17
postrin is on a distinguished road
postrin's Tacoma Gallery
Its part number PT297-35070-AS you can find them for about $40 or so online you don;t need to use the factory harness, you can rig it up without it.

P
Old 11-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #18
Firefighter:
bump
does any one know a junk yard that would have this switch ? ive called PA WV and MD with no luck