Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB 09+ Temp Gauge / Compass console

Old 10-25-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
ZanexGt is on a distinguished road
ZanexGt's Tacoma Gallery
WTB 09+ Temp Gauge / Compass console

Hello,

I have a 2010 DC SB SR5 which does not have the temp gauge / compass console. I would like to install the temp gauge / compass in my tacoma. I understand that the 05-08 unit is different than the 09+ unit.

Do any of you have an 09+ temp gauge / compass console that you want to sell? Thanks!

-Robert
Old 10-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
ZanexGt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
Hmm, false listing. What do you say?

Sorry folks!
Not sure what you mean but for all viewing this thread, I am still interested in a 2009+ overhead console with compass/temp. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Shh! A lot of us are waiting for one of these! They surface from time to time. You're just driving up the prices!!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #7
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Robert- You are going to be pissed off! I found one for my truck at a junkyard in Canada. It was your post that inspired me to check the junkyards again. There are more 2009+ trucks getting written off these days, so they should become more common.

I started thinking- who writes off a lot of brand new trucks? Answer- Drunk teenagers in small towns with great offroading nearby. I began checking websites for wreckers in remote towns in the bush- Bingo!

Good luck in your hunt- I have been looking for 5 months
Old 10-27-2010, 05:02 AM   #8
ZanexGt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Hilux View Post
Robert- You are going to be pissed off! I found one for my truck at a junkyard in Canada. It was your post that inspired me to check the junkyards again. There are more 2009+ trucks getting written off these days, so they should become more common.
Lol, I get the feeling it might take me awhile to find one. Did you find your console via an online listing or website? If so, could you share some of the links you visited?

Congrats on your find. I hope I find one soon.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #9

84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
I was just randomly searching websites under BC auto wreckers and focusing on some of the more remote locations. I was only interested in sites with a searchable database, so I could browse from my computer. I eventually started browsing sites in neighboring Alberta and found this site: (Disclaimer to Albertans- I am not implying that Edmonton and Calgary are tiny hick towns- please don't shoot)

http://www.jaybeck.com/Pages/Links.htm

I already got the console from the red Tacoma at HondaToy- to save you a call. Somebody wrote off a red 2010 with only 2500 km on it!!! Talk about a shitty day! Looks like brand new seats, Radio, Mirrors, instruments might be available. They would not sell me the oil cooler. Front and rear are hit- looks like sandwich action.

You have to find one of these trucks when it first arrives- according to guys I have talked to. The radio, fog lights and roof consoles go quick. I have searched the sites for wreckers near Vancouver many times. The problem is that rare parts near city locations are picked over very quickly. Need to get lucky!

BTW I have seen 2 of these modules go on Tacoma World in the last 1 1/2 months, I was just too slow to pull the trigger.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #10
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanexGt View Post
Hello,

I understand that the 05-08 unit is different than the 09+ unit.

-Robert
Yeah, it probably works for more than a few months before kaput.........
Old 10-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #11
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Hilux View Post
I was just randomly searching websites under BC auto wreckers and focusing on some of the more remote locations. I was only interested in sites with a searchable database, so I could browse from my computer. I eventually started browsing sites in neighboring Alberta and found this site: (Disclaimer to Albertans- I am not implying that Edmonton and Calgary are tiny hick towns- please don't shoot)

http://www.jaybeck.com/Pages/Links.htm

I already got the console from the red Tacoma at HondaToy- to save you a call. Somebody wrote off a red 2010 with only 2500 km on it!!! Talk about a shitty day! Looks like brand new seats, Radio, Mirrors, instruments might be available. They would not sell me the oil cooler. Front and rear are hit- looks like sandwich action.

You have to find one of these trucks when it first arrives- according to guys I have talked to. The radio, fog lights and roof consoles go quick. I have searched the sites for wreckers near Vancouver many times. The problem is that rare parts near city locations are picked over very quickly. Need to get lucky!

BTW I have seen 2 of these modules go on Tacoma World in the last 1 1/2 months, I was just too slow to pull the trigger.
If you don't mind me asking, How much did you pay for it from the junkyard?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #12

84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
I'll just say that the price was typical of an '08 or earlier model- I don't think the operator knew there was a difference. (Under $200)
Old 10-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #13
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
nice