LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Anyone buy a car/truck that had to get it shipped to them?

Old 10-31-2010, 11:42 AM   #1
ballplayer002003 is on a distinguished road
ballplayer002003's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone buy a car/truck that had to get it shipped to them?

hey gang,
i was wondering if anyone on here has bought a car/truck from someone in another state? I am thinking of doing this but i don't know how to safely do the money transfer with getting the car and title. Any ideas? I am in Delaware and he is in California. I know this is risky, so I need help.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
docbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

docbrown's Tacoma Gallery
I've bought a truck through ebay and had it shipped, but it was through a dealer. I also sold a truck through ebay that was shipped. That being said, please tell me this is not one of those "My unit is being shipped out in a week so that's why the price is so cheap" or "I just got divorced and this was my husband's truck, that's why it is so cheap" and it is a 2008 TRD Offroad double cab on 33's for $2900.00 kind of deals, because those are scams.

Assuming that the above is not the case, then unless they are willing to use escrow.com I would not touch the deal period.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
Sprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sprink669's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a CJ7 in California and I am in Ohio and I had it transported through a carrier for $800. I did all the transfers of money through a certified bank check and I did check his profile out on e-bay and he had 100% positive. Your right it is a risky transaction.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
Avsguy33 is on a distinguished road
Avsguy33's Tacoma Gallery
Worth a plane ticket to make the deal and get it loaded on the transport then fly back home and wait for the new toy.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
padoos1 is on a distinguished road
padoos1's Tacoma Gallery
I bought one and had it shipped ,But it was all handled through a dealer.....Be very very carefull theres a lot of that scam crap going around........
Old 10-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Where in CA, maybe one of use nearby could check it out for you
Old 10-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #7
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
Where in CA, maybe one of use nearby could check it out for you
x2 good idea