Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: Headlights

Old 11-23-2010, 05:57 AM   #1
Stock Radiant Red
gorilla33 is on a distinguished road

gorilla33's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: Headlights

Will entertain any offer, any style. Have condensation in mine and need to replace.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:04 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla33 View Post
Will entertain any offer, any style. Have condensation in mine and need to replace.
Just cause you have condensation in them doesn't mean you need to replace. You can get the water out. Just saying before you spend your money needlessly. There's a few things you can try.
You could open the headlights (and maybe do the BHLM while you're in there), wipe everything down and reseal them.
You can take them out of the truck, leave them lens down and either hang one of those silicone packets in the headlight hole or place one over the headlight hole. I can't remember who makes the packets but they're made to absorb moisture. I'd still recommend sealing the perimeter with a clear automotive silicone to prevent it from happening again.
The last and simpliest is using a hair drier. Place the light lens down on a towel so you don't scratch it and blow the warm air in the headlight hole. The moisture will eventually evaporate out. Again, you should reseal to prevent it from happening again.
Good luck!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
Stock Radiant Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Just cause you have condensation in them doesn't mean you need to replace. You can get the water out. Just saying before you spend your money needlessly. There's a few things you can try.
You could open the headlights (and maybe do the BHLM while you're in there), wipe everything down and reseal them.
You can take them out of the truck, leave them lens down and either hang one of those silicone packets in the headlight hole or place one over the headlight hole. I can't remember who makes the packets but they're made to absorb moisture. I'd still recommend sealing the perimeter with a clear automotive silicone to prevent it from happening again.
The last and simpliest is using a hair drier. Place the light lens down on a towel so you don't scratch it and blow the warm air in the headlight hole. The moisture will eventually evaporate out. Again, you should reseal to prevent it from happening again.
Good luck!

I have done the BHLM. That was about a year ago, and what got me in this mess. They just started to get condensation in them recently. I also did not do the greatest job. I accidently let the lense touch the heating element in the oven, which left a place. There is also a few chips. From 5 ft away they look good. I'm to anal about it I guess. I would maybe be willing to include my BHLM set in the deal if someone was interested in trying to remove the condensation. It is only on the passenger side.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #4
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have done the BHLM. That was about a year ago, and what got me in this mess. They just started to get condensation in them recently. I also did not do the greatest job. I accidently let the lense touch the heating element in the oven, which left a place. There is also a few chips. From 5 ft away they look good. I'm to anal about it I guess. I would maybe be willing to include my BHLM set in the deal if someone was interested in trying to remove the condensation. It is only on the passenger side.
Gotcha, sounds like you've got some other reasons for trading out. I just didn't want you to go spending money on something that could potentially be an easy fix. Good luck, free bump for you!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:32 AM   #5
Stock Radiant Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Gotcha, sounds like you've got some other reasons for trading out. I just didn't want you to go spending money on something that could potentially be an easy fix. Good luck, free bump for you!

Can just the outter lenses be purchased any where?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #6

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Can just the outter lenses be purchased any where?
Not that I've ever seen. People have sold their headlights on here with broken tabs though and the lens could be removed from a set like that but I've never seen just the lens being sold separately. Not saying it's not possible or can't be found, I just haven't seen it anywhere. Maybe someone else can chime in if they know where to find them.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #7
bdubbz is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
bdubbz's Tacoma Gallery
I have basically "brand new" headlights off a 2010 tacoma the truck only has 6k miles, ordered my new headlights 3-4 days ago. Pm me if you're interested.

~ brian
Old 11-23-2010, 08:12 AM   #8
Stock Radiant Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbz View Post
I have basically "brand new" headlights off a 2010 tacoma the truck only has 6k miles, ordered my new headlights 3-4 days ago. Pm me if you're interested.

~ brian
PM'd
Old 11-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #9
bdubbz is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
bdubbz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
PM'd
mhmm, didn't get a pm
Old 11-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #10
Stock Radiant Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbz View Post
mhmm, didn't get a pm

tried again
Old 11-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #11
Stock Radiant Red

bump
Old 11-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #12
Stock Radiant Red

anyone with experience with the Black Ebay version?
Old 11-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #13
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the black ones from E-bay. I sealed them up before I installed them, and haven't had any problems. they've been in about 6 months now.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:06 AM   #14
Stock Radiant Red

anyone?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #15
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anyone?
I have a set of the black E-Bay ones Brand new in box that I will sell you. I bought them then decided to go with the 09 Sport tinted head lights instead. Only 1 box was opened to inspect the light...100 plus shipping