Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Looking for the relay to disable 2010 daytime running lights.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
toyoda will become famous soon enough
toyoda's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for the relay to disable 2010 daytime running lights.

I have daytime running lights on my truck and don't want them. If anyone has a non-DRL relay laying around, or maybe if anyone is interested in installing running lights on their truck, let me know. I'm open to suggestions.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
doubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nice

doubletaco's Tacoma Gallery
There's one wire it disconnect that will disable them let me look for the link.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
Smellfunny is on a distinguished road
Smellfunny's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forums.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...our-dtrls.html
Old 11-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #4
toyoda's Tacoma Gallery
Heh. I did a search and all I could find was a couple threads detailing how to locate the relay in the cab. None on how to do the mod. I've been reading the forums for a few weeks but just now found something to write about.

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2010, 05:34 AM   #5
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
If you pull out the whole assembly, lemme know and I'll take it off your hands
Old 11-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
doubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nice

doubletaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go just cut the green and red wire make sure you tape or cap off the end. This is what I did to my truck to diable the DRL's.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...alth-mode.html
Old 11-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah maybe you can just trade with someone that doesnt have DTRL's. I had to buy the relay cause mine didnt come with them stock.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
I tapped into the wiring and put a switch in. Now I can use my DTRL or I can shut them off whenever I want...

But I think I still have my old non DTRL relay. Lemme look for it.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #9
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
I have a spare that I wills end you and you send me the relay and jumper in return. I could use it on another family members truck.

Justin
Old 12-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #10
toyoda's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the late reply, been really busy moving into a new house.

I'm going to check out the toggle switch mod posted earlier instead of replacing the relay-- that was the ideal solution in the first place, I just didn't know where the wire was to splice into. Will be periodically dropping in to let everyone know what's up though.