Notices

How much are these worth?

Old 11-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
Hoss211 will become famous soon enoughHoss211 will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Jeff
Hoss211's Tacoma Gallery
How much are these worth?

Painted my stock wheels black and got a new set now. now I would like to sell these. They look good from far but are far from good. Def. didnt turn out as nice as I would have liked them to. If I had to do it over again I wouldnt have used the wheel paint I used. Probably would have used what I used on my rear bumper. So tell me what you think they're worth......

Old 11-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
They are worth what you can sell them for.

If they're still in good working order and just don't look too good, I say they'd make excellent wheels for spares at $30 or so a pop.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
Agreed... If you didnt live so far I'd take em off your hands and re-do them or Powdercoat them.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
hopkins is on a distinguished road
hopkins's Tacoma Gallery
im not sure on the value of 16" alloys but 17" alloys on the 05 models are about 500 cdn each new. Obviously they are not new but im sure they are worth more than $30each as was previously mentioned.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins View Post
im not sure on the value of 16" alloys but 17" alloys on the 05 models are about 500 cdn each new. Obviously they are not new but im sure they are worth more than $30each as was previously mentioned.
Not with the fucked up paintjob they're not. They're basically only good as spares now, and you can find a spare steelie at a junkyard for $25 or so, new for not much more.

Not trying to crap your thread, just trying to answer your question honestly.

If you had them resurfaced and powdercoated, you could probably get $100 - $125 each.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:02 AM   #6
Air Force:
Hoss211's Tacoma Gallery
I def. dont want to mess with re-doing them or having them powder coated. That would for sure be too much wasted time for too little money. I just want them out of my garage. I decided to throw them on craigslist in my local area at $1 Milllion dollars a piece to see if I could get any takers. hoping to be a "four-millionaire" by the end of the week. We'll see.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:12 AM   #8
mortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant future

Name: Michael
mortuusangelus's Tacoma Gallery
Huh, I've got 3 of the 1st gen 16" alloys.. if that works, I'll try to be a three-millionaire..
Old 11-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #9
Air Force:
Hoss211's Tacoma Gallery
^^ that will only work if they have a great paint job like mine. Here's my advice. Buy the cheapest paint you can find. dont clean the wheels at all. Sanding is for pussies...What do you want them to look good or sumthin? Paint as unevenly as you can. I'm pretty sure I used a blindfold on mine and they turned out great!! then you got yourself a set of million dollar wheels.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:55 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Not with the fucked up paintjob they're not. They're basically only good as spares now, and you can find a spare steelie at a junkyard for $25 or so, new for not much more.

Not trying to crap your thread, just trying to answer your question honestly.

If you had them resurfaced and powdercoated, you could probably get $100 - $125 each.
They are still structurally sound. The paint can easilly be removed and re applied by someone. They should be worth much more than 30 bucks each....
Old 11-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #12
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss211 View Post
^^ that will only work if they have a great paint job like mine. Here's my advice. Buy the cheapest paint you can find. dont clean the wheels at all. Sanding is for pussies...What do you want them to look good or sumthin? Paint as unevenly as you can. I'm pretty sure I used a blindfold on mine and they turned out great!! then you got yourself a set of million dollar wheels.

that or don't forget to overspray so you can get the dripping paint effect. or just get a fat ass permanent marker
Old 11-28-2010, 08:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
They are still structurally sound. The paint can easilly be removed and re applied by someone. They should be worth much more than 30 bucks each....
Our trucks come with wheels. Perhaps you noticed. The only reason to buy someone else's are:

- Specs to allow for better wheel positioning with a different size tire. OEM TRD OR tires have horrible specs for this. Way too much backspacing, way too much positive offset.

- Aesthetics. To make things look better. While black wheels have appeal to some, the paint on these wrecks that option. Again, remove the paint problem and value rises considerably.

- Structure. Yes, they are structurally sound, but again, you can get OEM spare steelies/SR5 steelies for $25ish from most junkyards/self-serve yards. If you're pricing as a spare, which is all these have left, they set the minimum.

You pay more than $30 per if you want. Not my money.

If the OP redoes the paint to something quality, again, I can easily see him getting $100 a wheel.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #14
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Our trucks come with wheels. Perhaps you noticed. The only reason to buy someone else's are:

- Specs to allow for better wheel positioning with a different size tire. OEM TRD OR tires have horrible specs for this. Way too much backspacing, way too much positive offset.

- Aesthetics. To make things look better. While black wheels have appeal to some, the paint on these wrecks that option. Again, remove the paint problem and value rises considerably.

- Structure. Yes, they are structurally sound, but again, you can get OEM spare steelies/SR5 steelies for $25ish from most junkyards/self-serve yards. If you're pricing as a spare, which is all these have left, they set the minimum.

You pay more than $30 per if you want. Not my money.

If the OP redoes the paint to something quality, again, I can easily see him getting $100 a wheel.
No need to be a dick. I was speaking, for example, if someone had steel wheels on their truck, and wanted aluminum. For that matter, wanted a different color, possible black, they would be fine.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:10 AM   #15
Air Force:
Hoss211's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad you like them Jandrews!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:12 AM   #16
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
So what stops you from respraying the wheels in gloss black so correct the appearance issue?
Old 11-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #17
Air Force:
Hoss211's Tacoma Gallery
I dont want to waste more time on them than what I have already. I just want to dump em and let it be someone elses problem....Lazy?....yes.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
No need to be a dick. I was speaking, for example, if someone had steel wheels on their truck, and wanted aluminum. For that matter, wanted a different color, possible black, they would be fine.
I'm not being a dick, I'm straight talkin'. Sorry to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss211 View Post
I'm glad you like them Jandrews!
Again dude, not tryin' to crap your thread. Just answering the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
So what stops you from respraying the wheels in gloss black so correct the appearance issue?
Depends on whether or not the issue with the paint has to do with surface prep. But even then, OP could re-sand, re-paint and probably have much better results. If it was me, that's the route I'd go.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #19

Quote:
I'm not being a dick, I'm straight talkin'. Sorry to be honest.
Quote:
Our trucks come with wheels. Perhaps you noticed.
Really? This sint a Dick head comment??? <---rhetorical question.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #20
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
A simple hand sand and a can of Gloss spraypaint would require little effort and prevent the issue entirely. It looks as if you just didnt spray the paint evenly, not a prep issue. With the wheels non mounted and just laying there, it couldnt be easier to spray them with paint, repost them on Craigslist and be done with it all.