Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Quarter Panel

Old 11-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
vtman 908 is on a distinguished road
vtman 908's Tacoma Gallery
Quarter Panel

Does anyone know where i could find a used quarter panel? I need it for a 2001 4 door tacoma. It has to be a 4 door because the extra cab and single cabs won't fit my truck.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks don't have quarter panels. Are you looking for a box-side, or a cab-corner panel?

Try your local wrecker, but make sure you don't ask them for a truck quarter panel!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
slick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Security Forces, 2002-2005
slick_711's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadic 78 View Post
Trucks don't have quarter panels. Are you looking for a box-side, or a cab-corner panel?

Try your local wrecker, but make sure you don't ask them for a truck quarter panel!
Then what do you call the panels on either side of the engine?

Quarter doesn't automatically mean rear, that's why it's "quarter" there are four of them. Sure on a truck the rear sides are bedsides (or box sides if you please). But I don't see how it could be wrong to call the front xxxxx's "front quarter panels." Sounds simpler than cab-corner panels...
Old 11-29-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_711 View Post
Then what do you call the panels on either side of the engine?

Quarter doesn't automatically mean rear, that's why it's "quarter" there are four of them. Sure on a truck the rear sides are bedsides (or box sides if you please). But I don't see how it could be wrong to call the front xxxxx's "front quarter panels." Sounds simpler than cab-corner panels...
your looking for fenders...
Old 11-29-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
slick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Security Forces, 2002-2005
slick_711's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
your looking for fenders...
That's what I'd call them, I just thought it was silly someone was correcting the OP that they can't be called quarter panels...
Old 11-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.
05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 TRD Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05 TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
I pass
Old 11-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #7
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Fronts= Fenders. Rears= Bedsides. I'm interested in this as well
Old 11-30-2010, 03:42 AM   #8
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_711 View Post
That's what I'd call them, I just thought it was silly someone was correcting the OP that they can't be called quarter panels...
Ugh... I was just correcting him in an effort to help the guy out, that's all. I'd hate for him to call a wrecking yard asking for a tacoma 1/4 panel.

To the OP, if you're looking for a fender, you can get them OEM from Toyota, or aftermarket from many parts stores. The aftermarket units tend to not fit as well as OEM units do. But they're much cheaper. You may have to ream the mounting bolt holes a little to get a proper fit.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:08 AM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
try car-parts.com links all junkyards together