1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feeler.....Indigo Blue Satoshi w/ Emblem

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Muy Grande, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Dec 8, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    robdawg14m

robdawg14m Rob

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Denton, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 SR5
    Apline IDA-X100 Head Unit Massive P 950.5 Amplifier 100x4 + 550x1 Diamond Audio 10" D1 Sub Focal K2 Component 165KR Debadged 33x12.5 Toyo MT 18" ATX Artillery Toytec ultimate lift kit LR UCA's Wet Okole seat covers
    Muy Grande, You need to meet up with me one weekend and show me the ropes of the satoshi!

2. Dec 8, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    IndianTaco

IndianTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    pm sent

3. Dec 8, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    2blu4u

2blu4u Human after all

Member:
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    07 Indigo Ink Sport
    TRD exhaust, Pro Comp leveling kit, MB wheels, Yoko Geolander tires, black Grillcraft grill, BHLM, Pop-n-Lock, Access bed cover, Katzkin leather with seat heaters, custom console cover, shorter black billet antenna, Street Performance Throttle Body Spacer, bed mat, and bed extender.
    PM sent about sale of grill.

4. Dec 8, 2010 at 9:48 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Sure thing man. Just PM whenever you want to get together when you are ready. :D

5. Dec 8, 2010 at 9:48 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    All PMs replied to. :D

6. Dec 16, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    TacoDaTugBoat

TacoDaTugBoat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goshen, Ct
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport
    I want a black one!!!!

7. Dec 16, 2010 at 9:16 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Well, the grill has suffered a minor setback. When I was done taking all the painter's tape off I noticed there was still a lot of glue from the tape. So what did I do, I tried to take it off. I used soap & water, that didn't work, I used Goo Be Gone that made it worse. So I went to Lowes and asked for recommendations - they came back with "Denatured Alchohol" this worked for the most part but now I have to repaint the inner part of the grill no big deal. But where I fcuked up was that I decided to clean the indigo painted surface of the grill with this Denature Alchohol and it ate up the clear coat. I'm so pissed cause I was about to slap it together and it should have been done by now. So now I've got to repaint everything. :eek:

A buddy of mine is doing me the favor of repainting the grill face. So this probably won't be done until after Christmas.

So just wanted to update you guys. But it'll be better than ever once it's done!

8. Feb 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    I'm done with this thing. It turned out to be the Satoshi Grill from HELL!! :eek:

Anyways, it's not perfect but will work. Since I'm not happy with the turn out..........I'm reducing the price and putting a OBO (maybe even a trade for stuff).

I have to disclose that it has some blemishes because I'm a dumbass and wasn't careful (sorry Larry F'd it up again). The blemishes are visable on each corner. I will post up some close up pictures tomorrow morning.

There are a few things you can do with the grill.

1. Keep it the way it is, it looks good.
    2. Buy it and repaint (same color or any color) it........"all the mesh is bolted on" so all you have to do is sand it down primer and paint.

New price:

$100 obo (this is just to make up some of my cash on the grill mesh, emblem, satoshi supplies-paint, bolts, epoxy etc., and the grill) plus $20 for shipping anywhere in the US except for Hawaii and Purto Rico (if shipping comes out to be more it comes my the proceeds).

I will post pictures of the grill on my truck since it still looks badass! :eek:

If making an offer send me something reasonable (heck the emblem alone is $40 bucks not to mention all the leg work is there for an easy project).

9. Feb 20, 2011 at 10:57 PM
    meeestirg

meeestirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vance County, NC
    :thumbsup:

10. Feb 20, 2011 at 11:00 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    :D

How about you buy it and save a little bit of cash as a DIY project. :D

11. Feb 20, 2011 at 11:24 PM
    meeestirg

meeestirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vance County, NC
    cause i don't know how, and if i fcuk it up i don't have another grille laying around. what did you rivet that mesh onto? i like how clean yours came out. i seen some others that are messy cause they glued screws and shiet to it.

show me how pleaseeee! hahaha thanks

12. Feb 21, 2011 at 7:23 AM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Subbed for pics of the carnage.

13. Feb 21, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    bdubbz

bdubbz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Maryland
    I'll most likely buy it, i just want to see pics of it finished

14. Feb 21, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    Cnbz

Cnbz Member

Member:
    WNY
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Access cab
    PM sent

15. Feb 21, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Here it is in all it's "Carnage Glory".......I will respond to PMs in the order received. Thanks. This grill is not perfect but still looks very good. Like I mentioned before, the mesh pieces come off and you could repaint it any color you want. All the leg work has been done. :D

I have include some pics of what I think are "blemishes" which reduces the price on this thing. :eek:

Front 3ft.jpg
    Front.jpg
    Blemish 1.jpg
    Blemish 2.jpg
    Small Gap 2.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    Triangle.jpg
    upclose of gap.jpg

16. Feb 21, 2011 at 1:09 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    If you do it again, you should paint it Black Sand Pearl. so i can buy it from you!

17. Feb 21, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    reynosa1

reynosa1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    watertown sd
    Vehicle:
    tacoma sr5
    magnaflow,trd air filter, and bilstien shocks and springs
    hey pm back and lets wrk smthing

18. Feb 21, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Replied.....:D

19. Feb 21, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    You're second in line right now. I'll let you know.

20. Feb 21, 2011 at 2:11 PM
    shrekdaogre

shrekdaogre Well-Known Member

Member:
    So.Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 Dbl Cab
    Toy Tec Ultimate Lift, TC UCA's, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat , tail gate ext.

Products Discussed in

To Top