Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: leaf springs

Old 12-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
rollacoasta15 is on a distinguished road
Name: Serge
rollacoasta15's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: leaf springs

Want to buy leafs for 05-11 for 4 door shortbed.

Preferrably the ones for heavy load, I will take regulars also. Thanks guys.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
I have some for a 1st Gen, not sure if they fit a 2nd Gen. They are 3 leaf with an overload leaf. Rated at 700 lb over. Give about 3" of Lift. Basically brand new. Only on my truck for about 3 weeks.

PM me if interested.
Where are you located? I will check if first gen fit on second.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
How much you want to spend
Not a whole lot.how much you asking?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
docbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

docbrown's Tacoma Gallery
You probably already know this, but adding/changing springs will not change the load capacity of your truck. Your brakes, engine, transmission, cooling, etc. dictate how much you can haul. That being said, if your truck is out of warranty and you cannot get the rear spring TSB, an add a leaf (AAL) is a great option. The Toytec 1.5" combined with a set of Bilsteins up front or an aftermarket set of coil-overs will make a nice difference, but still won't add to your load capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollacoasta15 View Post
Want to buy leafs for 05-11 for 4 door shortbed.

Preferrably the ones for heavy load, I will take regulars also. Thanks guys.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #9
Thanx guys, I apreciate your advice. I don't want to do any hardcore towing, just load her up occasionally with firewood or lumber or toyys.so tsb would be awesome but regulars are good too.and what's this aal I hear bout?
Can someone fill me in on it?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #10
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbrown View Post
You probably already know this, but adding/changing springs will not change the load capacity of your truck.

it will add some load carrying comfort... with more than 500lbs. my truck bounces off the bumpstops over speed bumps...

IMO toyota way over estimated the load the truck can carry in the back... if i put 70% of the load capacity im bottomed out...so if adding a beefier leaf makes it so you dont bottom out so bad, in effect your increasing load capacity...
Old 12-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollacoasta15 View Post
Thanx guys, I apreciate your advice. I don't want to do any hardcore towing, just load her up occasionally with firewood or lumber or toyys.so tsb would be awesome but regulars are good too.and what's this aal I hear bout?
Can someone fill me in on it?
an AAL is an Add A Leaf...its a leaf spring thats added to the stock rear for extra height. Common leaf lifts are 1 1/2 and 2".