Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: I need a rear axle housing (sport) any ideas?

Old 12-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: I need a rear axle housing (sport) any ideas?

I guess mine is bent from a previous owners accident and it has been making my ride a bit squirlly to say the least. Anyway I may tackle this on my own so I am looking for a rear axle housing for a 06 Sport. If you dont have one from a swap you did, maybe you know someone or have an idea of where I can get one.

I have a couple ideas on salvage yards in the Northwest here, but thought I would ask here as well. Also I may check ttora.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
Taco Fever - I've got it bad!
billyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedbillyjoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
billyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
I have an entire rear axle from a '05 SR5 Base (no LSD). Swapped it out for an e-Locker @ 45k. Paid $220 to ship e-Locker axle from CA to VA.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
I will do some checking to see if the housing will work. If it does would you be willing to sell me just the housing? Just did some calling on it and it might work. I will PM you.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #4

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
More info:

The part number is 4211004141
The housing is universal to
2005-2010 4x2 2.7L tacomas
2005-2010 4x4 4.0L tacomas without the rear locker (also can't be from an x-runner)

If you think you may have what I need let me know and I can verify if it will work.

Let me know
Old 12-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Jordan's still got his housing available for sale:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post2435134
Old 12-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #6

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
I think his is an e-locker right? That doesnt look like it will work with my LSD. I wonder what the difference is though.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #7

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 12-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #9

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberumen2 View Post
i have an 06 prerunner, is that what i would have to do to get an e-locker. swap out the rear axle for another?
and whats the difference with lsd and e locker?
Are you saying you are going to give me your housing, or are you just looking for information? Not being a jerk but the search feature on here is awesome for studying up on this stuff.