LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

Metalmiller Recovery Shackles. Limited qty

Old 12-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

MetalMiller's Tacoma Gallery
Metalmiller Recovery Shackles. Limited qty

I was playing around with some ideas and came up with these one day after work. I thought it was pretty solid so I had a small test batch made before aggressively selling these.

These heavy duty shackle mounts are made with durability and strength in mind. Unlike others that are made out of square tubing, these are made out of SOLID 2 inch square stock. The lug is made of 1 inch carbon steel and welded on by pros. (Not a weekend warrior like myself!) Both holes are drilled in and allow the 5/8 receiver pin and 3/4" shackle to mount with ease.

Shackles are offered separately and are competitively priced to most hardware suppliers.

If the piece somehow breaks I'd be more than happy to replace it for only the cost of shipping. I'd actually be impressed!

This batch come unpainted. I'm looking around at finishing options. But this batch will come bare, an easy fix with a can of spray.

Total costs are as follows:
Shackle Mount-50
Shackle Mount and Shackle- 60
Shipping - 10

There are only 20 made right now and are on a first come first serve basis!

I'll post some test videos soon. Let me know what you think about these!

By purchasing these, the buyer accepts responsibility for any damages caused by misuse.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
MetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant futureMetalMiller has a brilliant future

These are ready to ship the day after any orders are placed. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions
Old 12-13-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
izquik72 is on a distinguished road

izquik72's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they will hold up well. Any idea on what the poundage they would be rated for?
Old 12-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by izquik72 View Post
Not to be rude Your pricing seems a little high.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-4-D...mZ130421856792

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Warn-...mZ290473281596

Looks like they will hold up well. Any idea on what the poundage they would be rated for?
May not have meaned to, but you kind of are.

Typically, that should have gone through PM. Try not to crap on someone's thread. The weight question is certainly legit for the thread.

Welcome to TW!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #5
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
well to youz guyz using or buying these things from him ^^^"op" or elsewhere...
i recomend using a 5/8 grade 8 blot instead of hitch pin
just my .02
good luck with sale looks like a great product
Old 12-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #6

Thanks, i think they are a pretty solid product!

I want to find a place to rate them for me, I made sure to have quality welds done all the way around and they should have no trouble pulling a truck around.
As far as pricing, once you factor in shipping on the eBay pieces you are still looking at 50 and 56 dollars for them. To remain competitive I'll lower the cost to 50 shipped for TW users. Again, they can ship the next day
Old 12-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMiller View Post
Thanks, i think they are a pretty solid product!

I want to find a place to rate them for me, I made sure to have quality welds done all the way around and they should have no trouble pulling a truck around.
As far as pricing, once you factor in shipping on the eBay pieces you are still looking at 50 and 56 dollars for them. To remain competitive I'll lower the cost to 50 shipped for TW users. Again, they can ship the next day
Old 12-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #8

I updated the pricing in the original post. Shoot me a pm for ordering info
Old 12-13-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
roblass is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
roblass's Tacoma Gallery
what if any bevel was ground on the 1" piece prior to welding? and was the 2" piece pre heated? also what welding wire was used?
Old 12-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #10
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblass View Post
what if any bevel was ground on the 1" piece prior to welding? and was the 2" piece pre heated? also what welding wire was used?
i would also like the carbon makeup of the said metal used in the building process.....
if possible will you please send me the available dna makeup of siad item

and to you ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 12-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #11

The metals are A36 carbon steel. Do you guys need MTR's or will that suffice? I'll have to ask about the wire used to weld, but I have complete confidence in the welders I chose for the project. They weld up lugs, ladders, walkways and other pretty things to vessels and stacks on a daily basis.
No grinding was done to create the bevel on the lug, the part was waterjet cut.

I welcome all questions and concerns, feel free to shoot me a pm if you have something more specific.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #12
roblass is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
roblass's Tacoma Gallery
so its just a fillet weld with no preheat prior to welding?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #14

I'm shipping a few out tomorrow. If anyone wants one for the weekend, let me know and I'll drop one in the mail for you.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #15
quattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bruce
quattrokiwi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
well to youz guyz using or buying these things from him ^^^"op" or elsewhere...
i recomend using a 5/8 grade 8 blot instead of hitch pin
just my .02
good luck with sale looks like a great product
Just interested in why you would think a 5/8s bolt is necessary, I tow a dual alxe trailer around with a 8500 lb forklift on it, (about 11000 lbs total with trailer) at work sometimes and all that holds it is a 5/8 pin. Seems like its plenty strong and not to mention the convenience of the pin compared to a bolt for removal
Old 12-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #16

I'm getting these powdercoated to make them look a little more appealing. They should be done this week.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #17
qwertypepper will become famous soon enoughqwertypepper will become famous soon enough
Name: cam
qwertypepper's Tacoma Gallery
well im a welder, we use this formula. on mild steel depending on base metal( you said carbon steel) and the filler metal they used. one square in. of perfect weld has a yield strenght of 70,000 pounds. that is in a straight pull, untill it breaks. side load and other factors would vary the strenght. find out what filler metaladn base metal they used and i could shoot you a number. keep in mind i am not an engineer, just giving you a ballpark #
Old 01-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertypepper View Post
well im a welder, we use this formula. on mild steel depending on base metal( you said carbon steel) and the filler metal they used. one square in. of perfect weld has a yield strenght of 70,000 pounds. that is in a straight pull, untill it breaks. side load and other factors would vary the strenght. find out what filler metaladn base metal they used and i could shoot you a number. keep in mind i am not an engineer, just giving you a ballpark #

Cool, I'll get find out the material tomorrow.

I got all of the shackle mounts powdercoated to give them a nice finish. I wont add any additional cost for doing this, I just wanted to make them look pretty and didnt want you guys to worry about painting them. I posted some pics in the original post.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #19
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Jeff , any powdercoated bad boys up for grabs ?
Old 01-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #20
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Good looking shackle, lots of meat on the reciever where the clevis pin screws into the clevis hook, good job & good luck with the sale.....