Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

TRD COLD AIR INTAKE - TACOMA 4.0 V6 - EXCELLENT CONDITION - NEW MODEL.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
GomesTaco is on a distinguished road
GomesTaco's Tacoma Gallery
TRD COLD AIR INTAKE - TACOMA 4.0 V6 - EXCELLENT CONDITION - NEW MODEL.

SOLD

I am selling my TRD air intake that I recently had installed brand new by the dealership on my new 2011 Tacoma. I assume it will fit other models as well, I believe 2004-2011 models, but I am sure most of you know more than I do. I have exactly 5850 miles on it, and I will no longer need it (as I am making other modifications to the engine and intake). It is in like-new condition, with the exception of one of the clips that is half-broken (please see the picture). It still clamps the box down, I just happened to break one piece off as I was uninstalling it. I always sell my stuff on Ebay, but decided to hit up the "tacomaworld" fans first. If you are interested please let me know, I can accept PayPal for the payment. I paid $475 for this item, you can see it listed on the Toyota website for the same amount. I would love to get half back, so with shipping included, $250 is my offer. Feel free to ask me any questions and I will get back to you quickly. Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
TRD COLD AIR INTAKE - TACOMA 4.0 V6 - EXCELLENT CONDITION - NEW MODEL.-trd1.jpg   TRD COLD AIR INTAKE - TACOMA 4.0 V6 - EXCELLENT CONDITION - NEW MODEL.-trd2.jpg  
Old 12-21-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd
Old 12-21-2010, 12:46 AM   #3
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Question...how much $$ ?
Old 12-21-2010, 01:22 AM   #4
I changed my listing to include the price.

Please check out my listing, I changed it to list the minimum price I am asking. Thank you.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:32 AM   #5
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GomesTaco View Post
I am selling my TRD air intake that I recently had installed brand new by the dealership on my new 2011 Tacoma. I assume it will fit other models as well, I believe 2004-2011 models, but I am sure most of you know more than I do. I have exactly 5850 miles on it, and I will no longer need it (as I am making other modifications to the engine and intake). It is in like-new condition, with the exception of one of the clips that is half-broken (please see the picture). It still clamps the box down, I just happened to break one piece off as I was uninstalling it. I always sell my stuff on Ebay, but decided to hit up the "tacomaworld" fans first. If you are interested please let me know, I can accept PayPal for the payment. I paid $475 for this item, you can see it listed on the Toyota website for the same amount. I would love to get half back, so with shipping included, $250 is my offer. If I get multiple people wanting to buy it for $250, then I will ask for a best offer. Feel free to ask me any questions and I will get back to you quickly. Thanks!!

So if 3 people pm you then its a bidding war........?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
Well, if 3 people all offer me $250, I have to sell it to someone. My assumption would be to sell it to the person who offers the most. I would probably ask each bidder what they are willing to pay, highest bid gets the intake. Does that seem fair?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, if 3 people all offer me $250, I have to sell it to someone. My assumption would be to sell it to the person who offers the most. I would probably ask each bidder what they are willing to pay, highest bid gets the intake. Does that seem fair?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfTaco View Post
or sell to the person that pm'd you first...
This ^^^^

If you are wanting a bidding war, Im pulling your thread, and you can keep it on E bay. If your going to honor your price, first PM should get it at that price.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #9
Ok everyone, I apologize for any problems I may have caused. I was merely trying to sell my intake to someone on tacomaworld and had no idea that accepting bids was going to bring me complications. Based on the responses I have received, I apparently am not supposed to accept bids on this site. I guess I just have an "Ebay" mindset when it comes to selling. I am not quite sure what "PM" stands for, I assume Private Message? In that case, I will honor the first PM I received. I am sending the invoice through PayPal now. Again, I apologize.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #10
Mike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shedMike27t is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mike27t's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know why this looks different than the TRD CIA I am familiar with? I thought the TRD CIA offered a cone filter

Old 12-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike27t View Post
Anyone know why this looks different than the TRD CIA I am familiar with? I thought the TRD CIA offered a cone filter

For 2010 they changed the design and made it emissions legal. The intake is now made by AEM instead of AFE.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #13
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
ebay

I saw this on ebay, so you are selling it on here and still listing it for 200 dollars?
Old 12-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #14
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
I saw this on ebay, so you are selling it on here and still listing it for 200 dollars?
Says sold on this thread. So if you want it buy it on Ebay......
Old 12-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #15
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Says sold on this thread. So if you want it buy it on Ebay......
yes I know, but it is the same item description...just curious what happened since a user seemed to have agreed to the offer.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #16
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
yes I know, but it is the same item description...just curious what happened since a user seemed to have agreed to the offer.
Sold for $200 + shipping on ebay someone got a good deal
Old 12-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #17
Sold on Ebay

Yes, the person who offered to buy it from me for $250 from this website ended up changing their mind and backing out. I figured I would just try to sell it on Ebay since I have used them for so many years without any problems.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #18
Rompin Around

Quote:
Yes, the person who offered to buy it from me for $250 from this website ended up changing their mind and backing out. I figured I would just try to sell it on Ebay since I have used them for so many years without any problems.
So after Ebay fees, Paypal fees, and shipping what did you get? Should have sold it on here for $200 shipped......pretty much what you ended up with on Ebay.