Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Buy / Sell / Trade

Notices

WTB: 2006 Chrome or Silver Painted Rear Bumper

Old 12-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
TampaDude is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
TampaDude's Tacoma Gallery
WTB: 2006 Chrome or Silver Painted Rear Bumper

Looking for either a chrome or silver painted rear bumper for a 2006 Tacoma 2WD. Must be in pristine condition, no dents.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
That's from a 2009 PreRunner. Is it a bolt on fit for a 2006 base 2WD Taco?
Old 12-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaDude View Post
That's from a 2009 PreRunner. Is it a bolt on fit for a 2006 base 2WD Taco?
I'm not sure. Are there bolt holes in the back of your frame? If the hitch doesn't work then I'm sure the bumper cover itself is the same.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
I'm not sure. Are there bolt holes in the back of your frame? If the hitch doesn't work then I'm sure the bumper cover itself is the same.
What do you mean by bolt holes? Are you talking about where the bumper bolts onto the truck?
Old 12-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
Quote:
I mean the holes in the frame for the receiver. I'm not sure if he's selling it as one piece though.
Can the hitch receiver be removed? I don't need a hitch, just the bumper.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #8
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Can the hitch receiver be removed? I don't need a hitch, just the bumper.
I believe so but a hitch is great to have. Put a hitch in it and you have some protection in the rear. It's saved my but before and messed up the person's bumper that hit us. Just my opinion though.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 063001.pdf (1.14 MB, 39 views)
Old 12-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #9
Quote:
I believe so but a hitch is great to have. Put a hitch in it and you have some protection in the rear. It's saved my but before and messed up the person's bumper that hit us. Just my opinion though.
Ah, good point. Even if I don't tow stuff, it may save my bumper or tailgate someday, right?
Old 12-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Ah, good point. Even if I don't tow stuff, it may save my bumper or tailgate someday, right?
Absolutely! and I like the little extra weight on the rear wheels. It helps in the rain.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #11
Quote:
Absolutely! and I like the little extra weight on the rear wheels. It helps in the rain.
Excellent. Thanks for the instructions, BTW.